[SOLVED] Anyone know when more RTX 30 series will be available?

Duder666

Prominent
Aug 10, 2020
I've looked everywhere and sold out across the board, or people scalping them at ridiculous prices on Ebay
Darn bitcoiners grrrr lol
I also know supply chain is completely screwed everywhere due to Covid, I couldn't find a printer anywhere last year
I finally have enough to get a RTX 3080 and nowhere to be found

Solution
Bitcoin has been dead as far as GPU-mining is concerned for many years already, that has been completely taken over by ASIC miners. Ethereum is what people and companies are mining on GPUs today and even this may be coming to an end in the not too distant future between Bitmain releasing their E9 miners and eth2.0's launch getting closer.

You will probably be able to get a decently priced RTX3080 about a year from now, when eth2.0's launch will be even closer to imminent, more E9 miners will be out there and GPU-mining may not remain viable long enough for miners to break even on further purchases.
Your guess is as good as anyone's. You're either going to have to hound sites constantly or join the scalper networks and be ready to jump on a card at a moment's notice.

If you live near a Microcenter, they do in-store only purchases, so it's slightly more manageable to check on them.

Duder666

Prominent
Aug 10, 2020
Your guess is as good as anyone's. You're either going to have to hound sites constantly or join the scalper networks and be ready to jump on a card at a moment's notice.

If you live near a Microcenter, they do in-store only purchases, so it's slightly more manageable to check on them.

I read Nvidia is going to be hamstringing the cards to avoid bitcoin buyouts, as well as offering new processors to the bitcoiners to stop them from buying out all the inventory
Guess I'll wait a while, I have a RTX 2070 but was hoping to finally go QHD with the new cards

InvalidError

Titan
Bitcoin has been dead as far as GPU-mining is concerned for many years already, that has been completely taken over by ASIC miners. Ethereum is what people and companies are mining on GPUs today and even this may be coming to an end in the not too distant future between Bitmain releasing their E9 miners and eth2.0's launch getting closer.

You will probably be able to get a decently priced RTX3080 about a year from now, when eth2.0's launch will be even closer to imminent, more E9 miners will be out there and GPU-mining may not remain viable long enough for miners to break even on further purchases.

Solution

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
I have friends in the retailer business here in italy. They all say not before xmas 2021. And even then, it's still uncertain. One thing is for sure, you will never ever see msrp ever again for this generation. Lower prices? PROBABLY? MSRP? Forget it.

InvalidError

Titan
But they are switching to proof of stake or something and that means no more gpu mining.
Yes, they are switching to PoS and that has been the plan for years. The next step to PoS migration was crossed when they pushed the next mandatory eth2.0 updates on April 14th with a mention that they were advancing the launch date without specifying when that would be.

If eth2.0 is really launching in Q4, then there is a high likelihood that people ordering those Bitmain E9 ETH miners won't even have time to break even.

It also makes Nvidia's anti-ETH throttling even more pointless since by the time those get on the market, miners may not even be able to break even at full-speed mining before ETH mining becomes obsolete.

InvalidError

Titan
Meaning what exactly? That by Q4 you won't be able to get a 10900k or TR for anything less than $3-5k?
What for? Proof-of-Stake eliminates the need for continuously online massive processing power. If something causes HEDT-like CPUs to become ludicrously expensive, eth2.0 won't be it. That would be more Chia's thing for generating massive demand for those 50+ PCIe lanes platforms to stuff with SATA controllers and PCIe switches for extra NVMe SSDs.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Just looked up the requirements. Lol, wow. FX 8150 or better recommended...
It can even be done on a mobile platform.

They've gone from 1 miner trying to dig his own mine to thousands sharing the same mine but you don't get to own the mine unless you can stake 32Ether as a guarantee you aren't going to even think about an attempt to hack the network.

Basically just made it easier for the rich to get a lot richer through under-paid temp labor as now anyone with a halfway decent pc can add to the mining effort for scraps.

InvalidError

Titan
Basically just made it easier for the rich to get a lot richer through under-paid temp labor as now anyone with a halfway decent pc can add to the mining effort for scraps.
Just like any other good pyramidal scheme. If you cannot funnel money into your own pocket as easily as you used to under the current scheme, it is time for the next scheme. It just happens to line up nicely with pressure to rein in power consumption and relieve GPU shortages this time around.

Duder666

Prominent
Aug 10, 2020
But wahhhh I want one now meh
I'll trade please send me your unopened RTX 3080 and you will receive a "vintage" EVGA 256MB powerful gaming card okay
It even has a connector that I'm pretty sure you need a Pentium type motherboard to hook up probably