Question Anyone know why my M.2 isnt working?

Domthebomb3

Honorable
Aug 1, 2017
Hello all,

I recently purchased a 500gb Samsung 970 Evo Plus for my build and spent 3 hours installing it with no avail. At first i thought i might not be putting it in all the way, but i tried several times and it seems like thats not the case. It seems to be in all it can go. When i go into my bios, or even just looking for it on the file explorer, its not there, hence why i thought it wasn't plugged in all the way. If anyone can help me i would really appreciate it.

MOBO: Gigabyte B450 DS3H
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X
Ram: 16gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz
Graphics Card: Geforce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
Power Supply: EVGA 750w G2
Storage: Some random 1tb hard drive

Thanks,
Dom

Domthebomb3

Honorable
Aug 1, 2017
Some SATA ports share the m.2 bus*(not the word I'm looking for) . Read your manual and check to see if your HDD is plugged into that port.

I’m not exactly sure what you mean so I’ll tell you what I know. My MOBO has 1 M.2 port and idk how many SATAs but idk what you mean by sharing a bus. I tried unplugging my HDD to make sure the M.2 was the only thing plugged in when I went to try and install windows and the only thing that showed up in my bios was the thumb drive with the windows installer. I booted it anyways and when selecting what to install windows on, there were no options. So not really sure what to do.

NVMe SSDs do not appear within the BIOS until Windows creates the system partition with the EFI Boot Sector.

Guide for NVMe storage installation in this thread:

Domthebomb3

Honorable
Aug 1, 2017
NVMe SSDs do not appear within the BIOS until Windows creates the system partition with the EFI Boot Sector.

Guide for NVMe storage installation in this thread:
I tried to follow that guide but I ran into trouble when I got to the “Secure Boot” part. In my BIOS, it says secure boot is disabled. When I go to enable it, it says, “ Secure boot can be enabled when system in user mode. Repeat operation after enrolling platform key (PK).” I have no clue what that means and what to do. I tried just skipping over that step to see if it would still work and it didn’t so if you could help me out that would be great.

TRENDING THREADS