Question Anyone knows how make windows xp bootable on AHCI / add AHCI drivers in to winsows xp install?

Dr. Tam

Great
Oct 19, 2023
Hello everyone, first things first. I want to say i know xp is not secured and i dont care, i so not want to use xp on vm.

Now to the subject in hand. I have seen a video of somebody installing xp on intell haswell motherboard/ cpu. And i have obtained orginal cd of windows xp and haswell motherboard (asus h81m-s1 i think its the model with i3 and 8gb of ram. I also have few hp computers that are using ide mode to run xp. I want to be able to install xp on ahci mode on all of the computers. Also the guy that installed xp on haswell was using some tool to load achi driver and he said its needed. I need someone to tell me how to do it thanks

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
There are few ways. During the Windows install I believe you can press F6 to install drivers, but this may require a floppy drive. Been a while.

Other ways would be to use something like nLite to put the drivers into the Windows install. There are plenty of guides out there.