[SOLVED] Anyone knows what is happening to this PC?

Dec 5, 2020
So my friend has a computer from July 2020, it was working great until September, he said me that while playing Genshin Impact around 20 minutes he heared the USB plug-in sound and the PC freezes, then he just unplugged the power supply cable and pluged in again, his Windows was corrupted so I went to his house to re-install again Windows 10, all drivers correctly, ect.
His computer was working again, but today the problem appeared again, the same story, he was playing Genshin Impact, the sound, ect. But now the problem is worse, the chasis fan stopped working, and the screen doesn´t show any display.

What is happening?

His PC:
Ryzen 2600
GTX 1660 SUPER Gigabyte
2x8GB RAM DDR4 2666MHz
Power Supply Kolink Enclave 500w

Solution
Well,

Power supply is capable of running this config, so maybe it died?

What i would try is disconnecting cmos battery from Motherboard, then holding power off all while the PSU is disconnected, then cmos back in and reboot.

To see if it boots, if not, disconnecting all drives except the one with windows, or plugging windows to go.

If lights turn on and goes into checking ram, cpu etc... then no POST, plug hdmi/dp/vga.... into Motherboard and try to boot from that.
Also check if cables are properly connected to Mobo, cpu fan, cpu power...etc.

Maybe if we know what it does after this we might be able to pinpoint location, if the PSU doesnt turn at all, it might be the cause of it just dying.

Morterio

Great
Dec 4, 2020
Well,

What i would try is disconnecting cmos battery from Motherboard, then holding power off all while the PSU is disconnected, then cmos back in and reboot.

To see if it boots, if not, disconnecting all drives except the one with windows, or plugging windows to go.

If lights turn on and goes into checking ram, cpu etc... then no POST, plug hdmi/dp/vga.... into Motherboard and try to boot from that.

Maybe if we know what it does after this we might be able to pinpoint location, if the PSU doesnt turn at all, it might be the cause of it just dying.

Solution
Dec 5, 2020
Well,

Allright, I will try that tomorrow, thanks!