Anyone other than myself still playing X360/PS3?

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
I've owned a Xb1 a couple times and a Ps4 a couple times, not impressed. So that leads me back 2 generations (from now anyway). I still play my 360/ps3 religiously. I just bought "new/used" copies of :

Bayonetta for the 360.
Dragon Age Inquisition for the Ps3.

Not sure the hype over 4k or even high fps, I guess I came from Nintendo when Ps3 and 360 made leaps over anything since.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
As a gamer, there are games i like to hang on to. From pc to console. Still have ps1 for speed freaks and ps2 for rumble racing and some other games. N64 for palm blistering mario party.

I use ps3 mainly for movies but have lbp2 and gran turismo i like to play. I enjoy wii sports, tennis and bowling especially, donky kong, mario on the wiiu. Don't have switch and waiting for ps5 to play gt7.

As for pc, the list is long. I've held on to games like jazz jackrabbit, monster truck madness 2, doom, duke3d, quake, and much more. All are enhanced in some way to keep up with todays hardware/resolution. Some games were a hassle to get going but that was expected.

Then there's the sness mini and adding old favorites from both old sega and nintendo days :)

I also like the modern stuff and that needs more hardware, same with console.

So there are different reasons for people.

Last edited:

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
we must be old then! lol...seriously tho i am similar to you! most gamers in this current generation seem so bent on just the current stuff or remasters...never wanting to go back to old stuff unless the graphics are better...its pretty sad imo.

Reactions: boju

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
we must be old then! lol...seriously tho i am similar to you! most gamers in this current generation seem so bent on just the current stuff or remasters...never wanting to go back to old stuff unless the graphics are better...its pretty sad imo.

speaking of quake...quake 2 is my fav.......by far!

Still have a Wii and PS3 in use today.
PS3 was one of the best blue ray players/ upscalers back then. Plus it played Netflix, DVDs etc...
Made it a one remote device for my wife. no changing inputs on the tv remote for different devices. Or changing the input on the amp for surround. You know the complicated stuff.
I still have a lot of my older PCs for retro gaming. Some games just do not run correctly on newer OSs.
Always had a lan/wifi network for gaming.
My first wifi was 2mbps max. The units were loaners after running dedicated cables to the other building and were no longer needed. Descent, Midtown Madness. Monster Truck Madness,Diablo, Age of Empires Battlefield 1942, Starcraft ............just to name a few oldies.

Reactions: minnin90

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
do either of you know when the shortage of the xbox series s/x and ps5 will end? If ever, lol. Really wanting a Series S.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
When we have grey hair lol. i dont know, im still waiting in Australia. When fabs, chip manufacturers, docks/transport operate at higher capacities with more people getting covid jabs. It's happening now so hopefully not too much longer.

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
lol! I'm in the USA and gosh in like minutes the Series S was sold out on Microsofts store. Everywhere else wants 400+ US dollars for a 299 console....ugh..

PS5 tho...even worse!

When we have grey hair lol. i dont know, im still waiting in Australia. When fabs, chip manufacturers, docks/transport operate at higher capacities with more people getting covid jabs. It's happening now so hopefully not too much longer.
When we have gray hair?
Started getting that in my beard and mustache a few years back.
So I, at least should have one by now.;)
This was supposed to be my graphics upgrade year. 30xx are non existent in my area.
Went to the closest Bestbuy, 3 hour drive round trip. To pick up a power supply for my grandsons build and they had a lonely 3060ti in stock.
MINE
Grandson got my Asus Dual white 1070 to match his TD500 white mesh case.
Still looking for another one or a 3070 for folding.

g-unit1111

Titan
As a gamer, there are games i like to hang on to. From pc to console. Still have ps1 for speed freaks and ps2 for rumble racing and some other games. N64 for palm blistering mario party.

I was very happy to see that Nintendo Switch Online finally added N64 support. I'm definitely going to check that out.

I miss my PS2 though, I used to have one but it kicked the bucket a long time ago.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I was very happy to see that Nintendo Switch Online finally added N64 support. I'm definitely going to check that out.

Yeah i read about that. I wonder if Mario Party 1 might make a comeback. MP2 made it to online store for WiiU but not the first. Probably not, the reason i read was Nintendo received complaints and think it went as far as law suits over palm injuries from excessive circling of the joystick in many of the games if you wanted to beat your competition lol.

g-unit1111

Titan
Yeah i read about that. I wonder if Mario Party 1 might make a comeback. MP2 made it to online store for WiiU but not the first. Probably not, the reason i read was Nintendo received complaints and think it went as far as law suits over palm injuries from excessive circling of the joystick in many of the games if you wanted to beat your competition lol.

Oh yeah I remember that!

FoxInFlames

Prominent
Jan 3, 2022
I still have my psp for GTA LCS and VCS, along with some older Naruto titles, other than that, my PS2 CD reader malfunctions so I'm trying to fix it somehow, but it's good as is.