[SOLVED] Anyone recognizes this flash drive?

gordonfreemanjr

Reputable
Aug 24, 2019
Here’s the photo of the device: https://ibb.co/5B7hsxX

It’s for sale at a good price, but I can’t make out the manufacturer. The seller also claims to be unaware of it.

Once accidentally I bought a Chinese 2TB USB drive, which worked with Windows 10 exclusively and was impossible to format to a custom file system. I don’t want to repeat the mistake.

Thanks!

Solution
There are reviews of several reputable 1 TB USB flash drive models on THG right now....

If you are seeing 2 TB models at 'unbelievable' prices....it is likely a scam. (WIll appear initially to be 2 TB at first glance, but, is really a 32 GB model that simply overwrites itself, leading to lost data, etc...)

rakinar2

Commendable
Oct 26, 2021
Lol looks like a lock!

I couldn't understand which type of flash drive it is. Try inserting the drive on your PC and then open Command Prompt (cmd.exe). Type wmic diskdrive get "model, serial, status". Then you'll see a table. Find the flash drive and copy the model. Then post it here.

There are reviews of several reputable 1 TB USB flash drive models on THG right now....

If you are seeing 2 TB models at 'unbelievable' prices....it is likely a scam. (WIll appear initially to be 2 TB at first glance, but, is really a 32 GB model that simply overwrites itself, leading to lost data, etc...)

Solution

gordonfreemanjr

Reputable
Aug 24, 2019
Lol looks like a lock!

I couldn't understand which type of flash drive it is. Try inserting the drive on your PC and then open Command Prompt (cmd.exe). Type wmic diskdrive get "model, serial, status". Then you'll see a table. Find the flash drive and copy the model. Then post it here.

Thanks. I don’t have it on me, that’s why I’m asking. I’m deciding whether to buy it or not.

However, I’ll ask the seller to do just that.