Anyone remembers Sierra's Ken Williams? New interview found

DavidW

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2004
i remember well the good old days of Sierra On-Line with Ken and Roberta Williams, King's Quest, Space Quest etc..., but i don't remember seeing them much after they sold off Sierra...

i guess they are still around. see this recent interview posted at Adventure Classic Gaming. interesting read...

http://www.adventureclassicgaming.com/index.php/site/interviews/197/

atari1980

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2005
very interesting. thanks.

i remember that time, playing Space Quest all night, with a 286 16mhz(the fastest at that time), 2 mb of ram,80 mb hard drive, 256colors Cirrus Logic video card and the cost was 3000$ and up in 1989. the last game i could play on it was King's Quest VI (1993). Thats 4 years of fantastic gaming without any upgrades, or faulty component. nowadays, a computer would last a year, max.

Zorak

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2006
HAH! I thought no one remembered the old Sierra! Space quest was literally the first PC game I ever played and that is the series that got me hooked. I remember we only bought Kings Quest V and I always wondered what the other ones were like. Of course, when the guy above me had his $3K computer, I was only four years old, but I am nevertheless old enough to remember the former glory that was Sierra and its adventure games. Thanks for the link.

-Zorak

atari1980

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2005
hehe i was 9 at that time. the first game i ever played on a computer was Police Quest 1 and King's Quest 1 (on a Tandy computer) at my cousin's place. i totally loved the concept. When we got our own pc, my uncle copied me Leisure Suit Larry 2. so much fun!!

and then there was Quest For Glory 3, and later Laura Bow 2. and then, my favourite game: Day of the tentacle aka Maniac Mansion 2, from LucasArt. (not to mention Monkey Island 2 or Indiana Jones)

Both Sierra and LucasArts ruled my PC gaming world

red_onion

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2005
When we got our own pc, my uncle copied me Leisure Suit Larry 2.

Wow! You know what they say about a family that pirates software together ... ;)

Seriously, I was 18 when I bought and played LLL, and I could prove it by answering the 5 question "quiz" at the beginning of the game that tested my wealth of adult-only knowledge. Of course, this was loooong before ratings on games (and parents who ignored ratings on games).

My whole PC gaming experience began with King's Quest I on an IBM PC Junior. Anybody remember those? With those crazy rectangle-button keyboards they originally shipped with?