Anyone running D3: ROE w/o having D3 "installed"

Tried to install ROE, but setup says it can't find an installation of Doom3.
And technically, there isn't one. I'm running Doom3 from my original
installation folder which was done on a previous installation of Windows.
So there's no registry entries and it's not listed in Add/Remove programs.

Any work-arounds or suggestions?

On 4/5/2005 8:13 PM NuQ brightened our day with:

>Tried to install ROE, but setup says it can't find an installation of Doom3.
>And technically, there isn't one. I'm running Doom3 from my original
>installation folder which was done on a previous installation of Windows.
>So there's no registry entries and it's not listed in Add/Remove programs.
>
>Any work-arounds or suggestions?

Well you should be able to simply copy over the \d3xp folder from the
RoE disc to your root Doom3 folder... but you have to run the patch
first no matter what. If you can't patch Doom3 to 1.2, you can't play
RoE. If it will let you patch the game (run the patch in the /Patch
folder on the disc) then copying over the folder should work.

I ended up reinstalling everything, albeit for different reasons, in
order to get everything A-Ok. That's just the way it goes sometimes.

--
Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

Inglo <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote:
> On 4/5/2005 8:13 PM NuQ brightened our day with:
>
>> Tried to install ROE, but setup says it can't find an installation
>> of Doom3. And technically, there isn't one. I'm running Doom3 from
>> my original installation folder which was done on a previous
>> installation of Windows. So there's no registry entries and it's not
>> listed in Add/Remove programs. Any work-arounds or suggestions?
>>

> Well you should be able to simply copy over the \d3xp folder from the
> RoE disc to your root Doom3 folder... but you have to run the patch
> first no matter what. If you can't patch Doom3 to 1.2, you can't play
> RoE. If it will let you patch the game (run the patch in the /Patch
> folder on the disc) then copying over the folder should work.
>
> I ended up reinstalling everything, albeit for different reasons, in
> order to get everything A-Ok. That's just the way it goes sometimes.

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried to run the patch, but it gives me the
same error. Can't find installation. I guess a reinstall is the solution.
Thanks again.