Anyone tried fitting Themarlright ultra 120 ex on gigabyte p

SEALBoy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
It's a little hard to tell from pictures, but I don't think you should have a problem, especially if you mount it parallel to the Northbridge heatsink.

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
I heard that the DQ6 has problems with heatsinks that need a backing plate. From what I understand some backing plates can be modified to enable clearance with the HS on the bottom of the mobo. Apparently you should never remove the mobo HS. I looked on the ThermalRight site and saw in the photos on their installation page that the fins covered the first two ram slots. This was on a 939 board but still something to consider. If I was you I would direct my question to ThermalRight before I purchased the unit, it's the only prudent thing to do.

reddevil0728

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2006
I heard that the DQ6 has problems with heatsinks that need a backing plate. From what I understand some backing plates can be modified to enable clearance with the HS on the bottom of the mobo. Apparently you should never remove the mobo HS. I looked on the ThermalRight site and saw in the photos on their installation page that the fins covered the first two ram slots. This was on a 939 board but still something to consider. If I was you I would direct my question to ThermalRight before I purchased the unit, it's the only prudent thing to do.
i got my hsf for my old an8 ultra.. no changing... so its the mobo tt is wat i am concern abt....

reddevil0728

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2006
i have googled, alot of ppl hv directed their qns to thermalright n they say no prob. n they hv updated the compatability on their website