anyone trying to fly in the huricane around Haiti and Jama..

dude

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I turned on real weather and started in both Haiti and Jamaica but
weather shows clear. I dont see Huricane type weather going on.
Am I doing something wrong?

Chris

Dude <chris.holub@gmail.com> wrote:

> I turned on real weather and started in both Haiti and Jamaica but
> weather shows clear. I dont see Huricane type weather going on.
> Am I doing something wrong?

No, real weather depends on the real weather reporting stations', aka
airports', ability to report the weather.

I had heard on the local news that the Jamaican airports have been closed
in anticipation of the arrival of Dennis for at least since last night, so
it is probable that the weather observation is either off-line (if
automated) or gone home (if done by a human observer).

No weather report for a particular station tends to show up as all clear in
the sim.

--
Peter

william

Picked up online with VATSIM and SB

http://www.vatcar.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=374&sid=7d3ae9644afaa2dfc6e611657ae33834

Bill

"Dude" <chris.holub@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I turned on real weather and started in both Haiti and Jamaica but
> weather shows clear. I dont see Huricane type weather going on.
> Am I doing something wrong?
>

> Chris

william

I just downloaded real world weather at Kingston MKJP and here is what it
looked like....Winds/rain and poor vis. Same was true on VATSIM except no
rain as SB does not have precipitation...but the winds were there..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/calusa/FLight%20Sim/mkjpdennis.jpg

Bill

"Dude" <chris.holub@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I turned on real weather and started in both Haiti and Jamaica but
> weather shows clear. I dont see Huricane type weather going on.
> Am I doing something wrong?
>

> Chris

yep same old story.. screaming hurricane and rain remains vertical. ...maybe
FS2006?
Butts

"William" <alone@home.com> wrote in message
>I just downloaded real world weather at Kingston MKJP and here is what it
>looked like....Winds/rain and poor vis. Same was true on VATSIM except no
>rain as SB does not have precipitation...but the winds were there..
>
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/calusa/FLight%20Sim/mkjpdennis.jpg
>
> Bill
>
> "Dude" <chris.holub@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>I turned on real weather and started in both Haiti and Jamaica but
>> weather shows clear. I dont see Huricane type weather going on.
>> Am I doing something wrong?
>>

>> Chris

Arthur

Ya gotta love Air Jamaica's livery.....makes you happy just to look at it.
I wonder what the interior's like...

Arthur

"donbutts" <remove.donneybutts@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> yep same old story.. screaming hurricane and rain remains vertical.
> ...maybe FS2006?
> Butts
>

> "William" <alone@home.com> wrote in message
>>I just downloaded real world weather at Kingston MKJP and here is what it
>>looked like....Winds/rain and poor vis. Same was true on VATSIM except no
>>rain as SB does not have precipitation...but the winds were there..
>>
>> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/calusa/FLight%20Sim/mkjpdennis.jpg
>>
>> Bill
>>
>> "Dude" <chris.holub@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I turned on real weather and started in both Haiti and Jamaica but
>>> weather shows clear. I dont see Huricane type weather going on.
>>> Am I doing something wrong?
>>>

>>> Chris

william

Havent flown on one for some time but they used to have beautiful "love
birds" inside serving rum punch:)

Bill