Anyone want a brand new FREE Gigabyte motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's the upgrade that is free, unless of course you are saying that every motherboard from every manufacturer always gets upgraded to a newer model for free and always has done? In which case this would be of no interest and nothing different.

BrowneBoy

Reputable
Mar 31, 2014

Try reading the T's & C's, nothing in this life is free....

"To be able to benefit from this service, the customer must register their GIGABYTE Black Edition 9 Series motherboard for the 3 year upgrade warranty within 4 weeks of the original purchase date.
During the registration process, the customer must upload to GIGABYTE a copy of their full receipt or invoice as proof of the purchase.
GIGABYTE will establish a special web page for the express purpose of the upgrade services. http://upgrade.gigabyte.eu
There, the customer has to inform GIGABYTE before exchanging the boards about the desired motherboard (exchange board). Further information about the process will be published here as well.
If the original price of the replacement motherboard exceeds the original purchase price of the registered Black Edition 9 Series motherboard, GIGABYTE will invoice the price difference to the customer.
The approved main board (for the exchange) must be functional and include the complete accessories and original packaging to be returned to GIGABYTE.
The customer is responsible for shipping and costs for sending the product to the local GIGABYTE office. The shipping fee for the return of the new product to the customer is covered by GIGABYTE.
In your own interests please pay attention that the shipment is sufficiently insured and packed appropriately. Shipments that do not follow these guidelines will be rejected by GIGABYTE.
Once GIGABYTE has received the registered motherboard and tested that it is in proper working condition and the potential necessary payment is booked to GIGABYTE's account, the requested and agreed upgrade model will then be shipped to you.

Oh please, take your trolling elsewhere, the deal is what it is and if you don't like then sod off and buy something else and if they upgrade you for free then whoppy doo.

BrowneBoy

Reputable
Mar 31, 2014
Trolling? Please. Find another post of mine anywhere, on any forum, I'll happily buy the "free" board for you.

This was a legitimate reply to a misleading Moderator post, from a first-time poster on your forum. Also the last, if this is what Moderators here do.

82% of people never read Terms & Conditions, I was clarifying the situation.

I bid you farewell.

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador
Not bad at all. Wish they had this program in the states.

@BrowneBoy, really the board is more or less free. In three years you can upgrade to a board of the same value and only pay shipping. Sure it might not be completely free, but it's a good deal.

Maybe a more appropriate title for the thread would be something like "Buy one, get one free". When I first saw the thread title I thought it would be some kind of giveaway.

See ya.

publican

Reputable
Aug 12, 2014

What they are really saying: "Our new motherboard doesn't really work properly but we want you to buy it anyway. Once we have fixed it we will only charge you the difference instead of making you pay for a whole new board."

autumn_suns3t

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014
There was no trolling, nor any "moderator's misleading post", in my opinion.

It is absolutely fair customer pays the shipping (Gigabyte will send the new one for free).
What I dislike is some warrany shortening. The new board had to have a full independent warranty, all the rest is fair, and thanks to the moderator for letting us know.

I like the way you think. :lol:

C'mon, making an account just to have a pop at a mod? That's trolling IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.