[SOLVED] Anyone want to take a look over this build list?

ChristianO

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2013
Here is the link:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GdvWMZ

It's not my build, it's a friend's. I just got out of surgery earlier this morning and I'm still recovering so I'm unable to look over it like I normally would.

I'll check back in later today. Thanks for the help, if you're able to. I really appreciate it.

Solution
Yeah, it was a last minute surgery so they aren't aware.

I'm sure he will be using a 4k mon but I'm unsure..
If it's 4K/60hz then you can change a few parts, have the same performance and save a few hundred dollars.

(The AIO isn't needed for the CPU but I added that and the RGB fans since it appeared your friend wanted them).

PCPartPicker Part List
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($328.90 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240R RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard ($114.99 @ Best Buy)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory...
Hello, so I see a few things I'd change about your friends build 3200MHz is still the sweet spot for most 3600 is just too expensive to recommend, there are cheaper M.2 NVME drives such as the Intel 660P for the price of that thing they could get a 2TB, not sure why they need a platinum-rated PSU when they could just get a 650 or 750 gold Seasonic focus Corsair TX or EVGA G2.

WildCard999

Titan
Friend couldn't wait until you were done recovering?!?!

Anyways it's a pretty expensive build and they could save money in quite a few spots or use there budget for other spots in the build.

What we really need to know is what will the build be used for & what is the resolution/refresh rate of the monitor?

Reactions: AngelTech

ChristianO

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2013
Friend couldn't wait until you were done recovering?!?!

Anyways it's a pretty expensive build and they could save money in quite a few spots or use there budget for other spots in the build.

What we really need to know is what will the build be used for & what is the resolution/refresh rate of the monitor?

WildCard999

Titan

If it's 4K/60hz then you can change a few parts, have the same performance and save a few hundred dollars.

(The AIO isn't needed for the CPU but I added that and the RGB fans since it appeared your friend wanted them).

PCPartPicker Part List
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($328.90 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240R RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard ($114.99 @ Best Buy)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($104.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Intel 660p Series 1.02 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($94.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card ($743.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower Case ($119.99 @ Walmart)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($96.95 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: Cooler Master MF120R ARGB 3in1 59 CFM 120 mm Fans ($54.99 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: Cooler Master MF120R ARGB 3in1 59 CFM 120 mm Fans ($54.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1804.56
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-12 20:10 EDT-0400

How to update the BIOS without the CPU (required for 3rd gen to work on second gen boards).
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTkXunUAriE

@Karadjgne, OP's friend could use the 3600 at 4K, with such a high resolution the gaming load shifts a bit more to the GPU but considering the budget they might as well get the 3700X.

Solution

DUAL33s

Prominent
Aug 14, 2019
Here is the link:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GdvWMZ

It's not my build, it's a friend's. I just got out of surgery earlier this morning and I'm still recovering so I'm unable to look over it like I normally would.

I'll check back in later today. Thanks for the help, if you're able to. I really appreciate it.
The only thing I would do if it were my personal build is try to save a bit of money in one area (like the GPU or PSU) and instead get memory with a better cast latency. Or honestly, you could just go with that same exact build, but instead of getting the 3600mhz RAM, go for a 3200mhz kit with CL14 or CL 16.

I personally own this kit: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/yb...b-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3200-memory-f4-3200c16d-16gtzr

It's decent, if you MUST have RGB...but if you can go without RGB, my other set of DDR4 performs much better...it is FlareX 3200 CL14.. its a bit more expensive, but well worth it. Especially for Ryzen systems.

The only thing I would do if it were my personal build is try to save a bit of money in one area (like the GPU or PSU) and instead get memory with a better cast latency. Or honestly, you could just go with that same exact build, but instead of getting the 3600mhz RAM, go for a 3200mhz kit with CL14 or CL 16.

I personally own this kit: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/yb...b-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3200-memory-f4-3200c16d-16gtzr

It's decent, if you MUST have RGB...but if you can go without RGB, my other set of DDR4 performs much better...it is FlareX 3200 CL14.. its a bit more expensive, but well worth it. Especially for Ryzen systems.
Not exactly latency is something people dwell on way too much the performance gain is minimal even with Ryzen.