Question Anyone who has an i5 7300hq, does undervolting work on that CPU?

Jan 13, 2021
In XTU the offset and cpu core slider is greyed out. I have tried on throttlestop to decrease voltage and cpu cache to -0.125v and the temperature did not increase. Is it possible to undervolt this cpu? If it is, show me how.

Lutfij

Titan
You should use ThrottleStop in conjunction with HWMonitor. CPU core and cache votlages down to -125mv? If so, did you create a basic task so that ThrottleStop is at startup? Also, your mileage will vary when compared to another similar laptop due to silicone lottery. Undervolting decreases temps, not raise them. What is the make and model of your laptop? An SKU will help us two fold.

Jan 13, 2021
You should use ThrottleStop in conjunction with HWMonitor. CPU core and cache votlages down to -125mv? If so, did you create a basic task so that ThrottleStop is at startup? Also, your mileage will vary when compared to another similar laptop due to silicone lottery. Undervolting decreases temps, not raise them. What is the make and model of your laptop? An SKU will help us two fold.
MSI PL62. With 256GB SSD. And I made sure to turn Throttlestop on before starting the game as benchmark.