[SOLVED] anything i HAVE to change (prebuilt)?

Fatblabs

Commendable
Jun 29, 2021
CASe: Apevia Genesis ATX Mid-Tower W/ tempered glass windows + 4x 120mm RGB fans (White Color)

CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i5-11600KF 6/12 3.90GHz [Turbo 4.9GHz] 12MB Cache LGA1200 [w/o Integrated Graphic]
CS_FAN: Default case fans

FAN: CyberPowerPC DEEPCOOL Castle 240EX ARGB 240mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate (2 x Standard 120MM Fans)

HDD: 1TB WD Blue SN550 Series PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 2400/1950 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 410/405k (Single Drive)

IUSB: Built-in USB Ports (Based on motherboard and case selection)

MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3200MHz Memory (Team T-Force Delta RGB)

MOPAD: CyberPowerPC FPS Gaming Mouse Pad [free] (Large 14x12 Inches)

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS PRIME Z590-V ATX, ARGB, 1GbE LAN, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 4 SATA3, 3x M.2 SATA/PCIe

MOUSE: Cooler Master MM710 Honeycomb Ultralight 16000 DPI Optical Sensor Gaming Mouse with Ultraweave Cable (GLOSSY BLACK)

KEYBOARD: CYBERPOWERPC Skorpion K2 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard [+9] (Black (Linear))

NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

POWERSUPPLY: 600 Watts - EVGA 600Watts 80 Plus Gold high-efficient Power Supply

SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

VIDEO: [Extra 2 Weeks Lead Time] GeForce RTX™ 3060 12GB GDDR6 Video Card (Ampere) [VR Ready] (Single Card)

Solution
PSU is completely fine, case is completely fine. There's nothing in that system which is "bad", just that some cheaper parts have been used where most people would go bigger.

You might want to add a case fan or two.

Joseph_138

Distinguished
If there was only a small difference in price (like $20), I'd try for a higher wattage PSU. You may not need it now with a 3060, but you may want to upgrade in the future. It's better to spend a little extra now, than to have to buy a new power supply for more money later.

Reactions: Fatblabs

Fatblabs

Commendable
Jun 29, 2021
If there was only a small difference in price (like $20), I'd try for a higher wattage PSU. You may not need it now with a 3060, but you may want to upgrade in the future. It's better to spend a little extra now, than to have to buy a new power supply for more money later.
i got the same answer on reddit! thanks!

Fatblabs

Commendable
Jun 29, 2021
Perhaps opt for a chassis with better front airflow. Tempered glass is neat, but not exactly fan friendly. Not completely sealed so it should still work.

Would be interested how it does long term with dust.
Hmmm, so will it still have enough airflow ? Also if is the psu still capable of holding the entire pc?

Fatblabs

Commendable
Jun 29, 2021
CASe: Apevia Genesis ATX Mid-Tower W/ tempered glass windows + 4x 120mm RGB fans (White Color)

CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i5-11600KF 6/12 3.90GHz [Turbo 4.9GHz] 12MB Cache LGA1200 [w/o Integrated Graphic]
CS_FAN: Default case fans

FAN: CyberPowerPC DEEPCOOL Castle 240EX ARGB 240mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate (2 x Standard 120MM Fans)

HDD: 1TB WD Blue SN550 Series PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 2400/1950 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 410/405k (Single Drive)

IUSB: Built-in USB Ports (Based on motherboard and case selection)

MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3200MHz Memory (Team T-Force Delta RGB)

MOPAD: CyberPowerPC FPS Gaming Mouse Pad [free] (Large 14x12 Inches)

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS PRIME Z590-V ATX, ARGB, 1GbE LAN, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 4 SATA3, 3x M.2 SATA/PCIe

MOUSE: Cooler Master MM710 Honeycomb Ultralight 16000 DPI Optical Sensor Gaming Mouse with Ultraweave Cable (GLOSSY BLACK)

KEYBOARD: CYBERPOWERPC Skorpion K2 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard [+9] (Black (Linear))

NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

POWERSUPPLY: 600 Watts - EVGA 600Watts 80 Plus Gold high-efficient Power Supply

SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

VIDEO: [Extra 2 Weeks Lead Time] GeForce RTX™ 3060 12GB GDDR6 Video Card (Ampere) [VR Ready] (Single Card)

600w should be good enough, but that is probably EVGA (GD), which is not the best quality. Should do the job though. Your PC should be under warranty for now, but change it once it is out of warranty...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Can't predict the exact temperatures, just be aware that a flat sheet of glass isn't ideal in front of fans. There is a gap, and the sides are open, but that 90 degree turn takes a lot of power out of the fans. CPU is going to be fine even in a fairly restricted chassis. GPU is up in the air since we don't know the exact model, but should be axially cooled which means it recirculates case air, so having cool incoming air is needed. If they put the CPU radiator in the front, that would block a lot of the cool air coming in. Still, I don't expect overheating, just not ideal temperatures.

EVGA gold, that limits to a few models, most of them are pretty good. RTX3060 is relatively light, 600W should be enough.

Fatblabs

Commendable
Jun 29, 2021
Model for that particular EVGA PSU? I'd ask you to look into a 650W unit made by reputable brand. EVGA tend to have a lot of hit and miss units in their own high end portfolio of PSU's. Seasonic would be my go to brand.
will 750 Watts - Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 Series 750W 80 PLUS GOLD Ultra Quiet Full Modular Power Supply work?

Fatblabs

Commendable
Jun 29, 2021
will 750 Watts - Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 Series 750W 80 PLUS GOLD Ultra Quiet Full Modular Power Supply work?
Can't predict the exact temperatures, just be aware that a flat sheet of glass isn't ideal in front of fans. There is a gap, and the sides are open, but that 90 degree turn takes a lot of power out of the fans. CPU is going to be fine even in a fairly restricted chassis. GPU is up in the air since we don't know the exact model, but should be axially cooled which means it recirculates case air, so having cool incoming air is needed. If they put the CPU radiator in the front, that would block a lot of the cool air coming in. Still, I don't expect overheating, just not ideal temperatures.

EVGA gold, that limits to a few models, most of them are pretty good. RTX3060 is relatively light, 600W should be enough.
is seems like this particular psu burns computers so ill get thermaltake if thats ok

Fatblabs

Commendable
Jun 29, 2021

will the 600 Watts - Thermaltake SMART series 600Watts 80 Plus Gold high-efficient Power Supply work?

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
PSU is completely fine, case is completely fine. There's nothing in that system which is "bad", just that some cheaper parts have been used where most people would go bigger.

You might want to add a case fan or two.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS