Question Anyway to increase RAM speed on HP OEM motherboards???

Jul 20, 2022
Hi everyone, new here. Not at all a computer wizard, but figured that im at a significant loss of performance in some games since ive swapped to 2x16 GB aftermarket RAM a few months ago.
Upgraded Prebuilt HP Pavillon .
Here's the important specs:
-APU: Ryzen 3 5300g.
-GPU: Radeon RX5500.
-RAM 2x8 Corsair Vengence (Previously 1x8 OEM).
-Erica 3 Motherboard (I think).

There is no XMP profile in BIOS and ive read that HP limits ram speed to "safe" levels from factory, and slows them down further after aftermarket ram is installed. The OEM 8GB stick ran 3200MHz and my Vengence 2x16 3200MHz has been downclocked to 2133MHz which seems to have severely affected some titles with seemingly no way to fix it.

Q; Is there anyway to get more ram speed without purchasing a new motherboard? If not, which motherboards would even fit in the case? Its very small.

Any productive input is appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: rouxys27
Q; Is there anyway to get more ram speed without purchasing a new motherboard? If not, which motherboards would even fit in the case? Its very small.

It seems that yout HP model has a custom made motherboard.

BTW, the rear (I/O) panel looks standard to me, you may want to try with a micro ATX motherboard to see if it fits.

hL5fRPe.png

Hi everyone, new here. Not at all a computer wizard, but figured that im at a significant loss of performance in some games since ive swapped to 2x16 GB aftermarket RAM a few months ago.
Upgraded Prebuilt HP Pavillon .
Here's the important specs:
-APU: Ryzen 3 5300g.
-GPU: Radeon RX5500.
-RAM 2x8 Corsair Vengence (Previously 1x8 OEM).
-Erica 3 Motherboard (I think).

There is no XMP profile in BIOS and ive read that HP limits ram speed to "safe" levels from factory, and slows them down further after aftermarket ram is installed. The OEM 8GB stick ran 3200MHz and my Vengence 2x16 3200MHz has been downclocked to 2133MHz which seems to have severely affected some titles with seemingly no way to fix it.

Any productive input is appreciated.

Thanks.
Was this ram a kit of 2 sticks or 2 separate sticks you bought?

What happens to ram speed if you just install one of the new sticks?

Latest posts