[SOLVED] Anyway to use my laptop on my desktop?

Nextgenthebear

Honorable
Dec 23, 2016
Hey so I currently work from home and my work sent me a laptop and a monitor for work, right next to my work stuff I have my desktop with 3 monitors. Overall my desk is pretty cluttered and I wanted to know if there's any way I could hook up my laptop to my desktop and use it with my 3 monitors (Via HDMI or usb?), I know I could just hook the monitors all up to the laptop but that would be constant unplugging and replugging every day, I also know that I could just use remote desktop and connect to my laptop over wifi but i don't necessarily want to deal with having to connect to it every day and the possible lag spikes, etc. Thanks and I appreciate all feedback!

Your monitor probably has multiple inputs.
Connect one input to PC, the other input to laptop.
Switch between inputs with buttons on monitor. No need to plug/unplug.

That's what I did when working from home, along with a USB only KVM. Work laptop through HDMI, gaming desktop through DisplayPort. Cheap but effective, no plugging and unplugging at all.

Reactions: punkncat

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
That's what I did when working from home, along with a USB only KVM. Work laptop through HDMI, gaming desktop through DisplayPort. Cheap but effective, no plugging and unplugging at all.

My solution was similar. I have an HDMI, the laptop power cord, and a network cable velcro together and laying beside my desk. The keyboard I use is both (wireless) USB dongle for the main machine, and also connects via Bluetooth. I currently have another mouse I just use with the laptop, but plan to get the mouse that accompanies the keyboard such that it works through the same connection....maybe, anyway. Hasn't been too much of a hassle without that so far.

Reactions: John Chesterfield

TRENDING THREADS