[SOLVED] AOC 24G2U has weird grey border around the edges ?

Olekkkkk

Commendable
Jul 13, 2021
hello,
I noticed that my recently buyed used AOC24G2U has a weird grey border around the edges. This border is visible mostly when screen is grey. After research it seems like it never happend to anybody else so i dont know what it is. It does look like burnout but its an IPS screen so i think that's impossible. Starting my PC in safe mode makes no difference, so this is not the drivers fault. Does anybody know what is the problem and how to fix that? Please excuse my poor English :/

pmbMH4KBj

Solution
that would've been an odd window displayed for very long times to cause that type of burn-in.

the shape of the "border" seems to be incorporated into the screen.
possibly a group of LEDs have malfunctioned or repositioned?
the lower right side\corner though looks almost like liquid may have run down the inside.

you can disassemble the panel and see if there's any way to clean or re-adjust this from behind the screen.
but that could end up damaging the display.

how long have you had it?
that would've been an odd window displayed for very long times to cause that type of burn-in.

the lower right side\corner though looks almost like liquid may have run down the inside.

you can disassemble the panel and see if there's any way to clean or re-adjust this from behind the screen.

Solution

Olekkkkk

Commendable
Jul 13, 2021

I think that disambleing the panel by my own isn't very good idea because I have never doing this before and I'm scared because i don't want to mess up. Maybe i should give the monitor to the service or something, also this monitor is under warrancy but i dont think that they will accept it.
The previous owner had this monitor for a year.
btw thanks for the reply

TRENDING THREADS