Question AOC 24g2u unusual flickering

Dec 9, 2019
I have recently bought the aoc 24g2u monitor and i notice curved flickering lines on the screen. Take a look at this video i have recorded: https://streamable.com/a3b6c
This is the third monitor i have the same issue with, the previous ones were LG24GL650-B and the VIEWSONIC XG240R. Both monitors were returned to a merchant due to them causing sever eyestrain after a short time of use . I have watched a few video reviews on the aoc 24g2u but this sort of issue is not present. The things i have tried to solve an issue:
using a different cable
using different graphics drivers
reducing the screen brightness
lowering the bluelight level
adjusting refresh rate
Is this sort of flickering considered a manufacturing defect ? Could someone clarify the cause of the flickering?
I am losing hope to find a decent 144hz monitor that is easy on my eyes. It drives me crazy.

Last edited:

Nemesia

Upstanding
Nov 6, 2019
What about your GPU? If you have one I would start looking at it as a possible cause of your problem. A very quick way to know is if you have an integrated graphics in your CPU just plug your monitor to your motherboard graphics port and try. If you have no flickering using the integrated graphics you will know something is wrong with your Graphics Card.

Dec 9, 2019
i connected the monitor into the igpu port but unfortunately the problem persists. Does anyone else have this intense flickering ? Can anyone assure the problem lies with the monitor itself ?

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2020
I see no issue in the video in terms of your monitor itself, however the flickering is called moire effect, so basically when there's alot of perfect lines ( in this case it's the pixels ) and the smaller/closer they are it gives that rainbow/banding effect.

Moire effect is a big issue in photography and cinematography and even CGI.

If you see the same with your naked eyes as in the video then it's an issue and you should RMA it ( i have same monitor and i don't see anything close to moire ).

Here's mine taken with iPhone 4S ( the monitor itself is perfect ): https://streamable.com/9800s

Last edited:
If you mean the rainbow color artifacts, that's just an effect created by the camera when its auto focus is being confused, and the resolution of the camera sensor is on the borderline of picking up individual pixels on the display. There's nothing wrong with the monitor. It doesn't show up in video reviews because professional camera people use higher end camera equipment and know how to set up their cameras so that those artifacts don't show up in their video.

Reactions: ExacoCGI

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS