[SOLVED] AOC 32" monitor blurry in Windows 10

Feb 22, 2020
I recently bought a AOC 32" 144hz monitor.

In games the picture runs smoothly, fine and without problems.
In Windows the fonts are blurry and if i am editing photos in Adobe Lightroom/Photoshop the pictures looks awfull bot in sharpness and colors.

I Have tried a lot of things, change cables, both DP and HDMI. I have tried a couple of different drivers from AOC website.
Nothing seems to help me out.

I have flipped arround the settings for scaling in windows, and it becomes sharper at 150% scaling, but colors seems crap either way.

It is a AOC32G1WG4. Does anyone have any things that i can try? I think this is a issue in Windows 10, and not anything wrong with the monitor, since it works just fine in games.

i imagine it is set to the correct resolution in Windows Display settings?
and have you gone through the Monitor's own onscreen menu to manually adjust settings?

also try in Display Settings > Advanced display settings > Display adapter properties > Monitor tab, make sure refresh rate is correct / Color Management tab, see if there is a default color profile that works better or try and create a proper one yourself.

Feb 22, 2020
Resolution is set to 1920x1080 144hz (and tried 120 and 100 hz too).
I recently found a forumpost that pointed me in a way of better settings in the on screen menu for the monitor.
It got a bit better actually.

Using this on a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3GB card btw.

I am on the verge on giving up and just live with it, so this forum is my last try i guess :)
i imagine it is set to the correct resolution in Windows Display settings?
and have you gone through the Monitor's own onscreen menu to manually adjust settings?

also try in Display Settings > Advanced display settings > Display adapter properties > Monitor tab, make sure refresh rate is correct / Color Management tab, see if there is a default color profile that works better or try and create a proper one yourself.

No. I'm telling you that a 32" 1080p monitor is going to be blurry/not sharp. A 32" should be at least 1440p resolution. If you want to stay at 1080p get a 27" monitor.
this isn't true.
i am using a 1440p monitor the majority of the time and have become very used to that. still, sometimes i run the same system out to a 40.5" 1080p TV and Windows desktop still looks clear and everything is fine.
Turn on Clear Type in Windows.
why would i do that?