Review AOC Agon AG493UCX Monitor Review: 4 Feet of Mega-Wide Gaming Goodness

Too wide for my tastes. Still waiting on a 5040x2160p 21:9 50incher with VRR and 120Hz HDR.
I dunno, at 50 inches wide that would be a very tall monitor, you would get crane neck syndrome using it...
it can be a nice gaming solution but you need to be sitting quite a few feet away. had a 40.5" as my secondary gaming display for a year or two and it was nice with the Corsair Lapdog keyboard/mouse setup and my chair pushed back ~4'.

Ellimist

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2005
This looks like its based off the samsung panel. The CRG90 which is 120hz same res but with quantum dot. Lets see a review of that. Its not really a replacement for the CHG90 like mentioned considering the Samsung CRG9 has been out for quite some time.

The only downside to these is that you can't run 120hz and 10bit color. you max out at 100hz and 10bit if you don't want to use compression because of DP1.4. While its not a big downer I'm surprised you missed it in the negatives.

The next Samsung ultrawide the G9 solves all the problems with color and refresh because it uses DP2.0 so it has the bandwidth. the only thing I'm not sure about is the 1000R curve as I find the 1800R curve good for productivity use as well as gaming. i'm not sure if 1000R will meet my productivity needs or not.

Brillis Wuce

Distinguished
This product is DOA.
Samsung CRG9 has the same specs, but with Quantum Dot and HDR1000.
It's marked up at the moment ($1287), but I've seen it drop down to $1100 on sale.
I'd gladly sacrifice the 10bit color for a full HDR1000.

Apr 20, 2020
this thing is insanely wide, maybe too wide. though i would love to try it.
how many games out there do you think would actually support 32:9?

Almost all current and last gen 3D games, 2D not so much, they're usually confined to 16:9. I was running a triple monitor surround setup all the way back in 2013, that's 7680x1440 and I got almost every game I played to run that way using simple tools like Flawless Widescreen, even the original Bioshock.

As for this monitor, it's very close to what I'm looking for, I'll probably end up buying either this or the Samsung equivalent. I don't want multiple monitors, I already sold the other two quite a while ago and now I'm suffering the productivity consequences of being confined to one screen! It's frustratingly constricting. The only thing I'd like is for it to be taller than a 27", same ratio just a few inches larger, but I don't think a monitor like that will be coming any time soon and I've already waited two years so I'm going to settle.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS