Review AOC CU34G2X Curved Gaming Monitor Review: Speed, Immersion and HDR

I thought for sure I had already read a review on Tom's for this monitor, not long ago. Hmmmmmmmmm. I've also been looking at this monitor very hard lately. But there are others I'm looking at as well. This seems to be a well like monitor, from what I have read around the web.

colson79

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2012
Some of the quotes make me laugh. Such as

"While the best VR headsets still provide a greater sense of sensory deprivation, a curved 21:9 screen manages to capture much of that feeling without a bulky apparatus on your head"

I have a widescreen monitor and a VR headset. While I love widescreen monitors they don't even come close to the impressiveness of VR. Not even a little bit.

MaCk0y

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2013
It seems all the stock for this monitor went to reviewers. I bought this monitor in February and I think I won't get it before next year.

Jun 19, 2020
The AOC CU34G2X combines a 34-inch 21:9 curved VA panel with 144Hz, Adaptive-Sync and HDR. It promises high performance for gamers seeking the immersion of an ultra-wide display.

AOC CU34G2X Curved Gaming Monitor Review: Speed, Immersion and HDR : Read more
I got this monitor and it is good, however I notice the slower pixel response and some ghosting, do you recommend I get the VIOTEK GNV34DBE instead? If the Viotek has a better and faste r panel I can live with the nonadjustable stand until I get a monitor arm. Thank you