[SOLVED] AOC G2590VXQ or Asus VG248QE

Mar 19, 2019
straight to the point...

I currently have an old office 1280 x 1024 monitor and need an upgrade. My current PC build has integrated graphics card which makes it even harder for me to decide.

NVidia or AMD is the question? Or, should I buy AOC G2590VXQ or Asus VG248QE.

AOC G2590VXQ, 75Hz has and FreeSync (AMD support, which would leave me with buying AMD GPU in the future), costs around 150€,

Asus VG248QE, 144Hz has and G-Sync (NVidia support, which would leave me with buying NVidia GPU in the future), costs around 220€.

Looking from the perspective of cost / price, cheaper would be my go for, but in the perspective of refresh rate, Asus would be my pick. I don't know what are the things also important, that could change my point of view and make my mind.

Solution
The Asus VG248QE doesn't support Gsync unless you found one with the hardware added in. It was a option years ago to add one in but the kit hasn't been around for a couple of years.

As for the 75hz or 144hz it comes down to what type of games you play. Less competitive titles, MMO's or single player games would be fine with 75hz while you'd want a 144hz for FPS such as CSGO.

Also Nvidia released a driver for there cards to work with quite a few Freesync monitors and more will be added with newer drivers.

WildCard999

Titan
The Asus VG248QE doesn't support Gsync unless you found one with the hardware added in. It was a option years ago to add one in but the kit hasn't been around for a couple of years.

As for the 75hz or 144hz it comes down to what type of games you play. Less competitive titles, MMO's or single player games would be fine with 75hz while you'd want a 144hz for FPS such as CSGO.

Also Nvidia released a driver for there cards to work with quite a few Freesync monitors and more will be added with newer drivers.

Reactions: SomWon
Solution
Mar 19, 2019

Therefore I could feel free to go with AOC monitor for now and buy NVidia GPU?