Question AOC monitor flickering drivers

badman614

Commendable
Dec 14, 2018
Hi,
When I first used this monitor it didn't feel like I would need to use the drivers, it was plug ans play.
But then I noticed white horizontal lines whenever I watch a video. So I tried to install the drivers but all it was was a bunch of files. No .exe file to install.

And just now, the projection from my pc to my screen was moved to the left. Like I would move my mouse to the complete right, and it would end up on the left of my screen. Like the whole normal screen was shifted to the left. With the left bit being on the right afterwards.
Is this normal sometimes.
A restart of my pc fixed the problem.

Is there anything I should do??

Urzu1000

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2013
Generally speaking monitors don't have the same type of drivers that other peripherals have. That's because they fall under the umbrella of your graphics drivers for your iGPU/GPU. Sometimes they do have drivers available or firmware updates you can flash, but I can only think of a couple cases where I've ever found those available. That's because they're generally unnecessary.

Before you do anything else unplug the display and make sure the connectors are clean and dust free. Once you've done that, plug them back in and make sure that they're securely attached.

Next, reinstall your graphics drivers.

If that fails, I would recommend contacting AOC customer support regarding the issue. It could very well be a hardware problem in which case they may be able to replace it for you if the warranty is still valid.

TRENDING THREADS