[SOLVED] AOC Q2577PWQ Won't Turn On after Power Cut ?

Feb 1, 2021
Hi there,

I have 2 x AOC Q2577PWQ 25" QHD monitors that were working fine until I had a power cut last Thursday.

Since then they won't turn on, even though I have changed everything externally.

This is not the first time this has happened, but this is the longest time it has refused to power on.

I've spoken to AOC, who were no help at all.

I'm not an electronics expert, but there are currently substantial glass pieces performing no useful function. I am willing to try if someone can offer some suggestions on how I can resolve the problem.

If I can't repair them what are the recommendations for a 25" QHD monitor for use with both MacBook and Windows PC?
I've looked at Dell, HP and Lenovo.

Solution
If your power suddenly cut out and you don't have a surge protector, your monitors could have both kicked the bucket due to a power surge if they were on and in use during the outage.

oldcracc

Reputable
Apr 10, 2019
If your power suddenly cut out and you don't have a surge protector, your monitors could have both kicked the bucket due to a power surge if they were on and in use during the outage.

Solution
Feb 1, 2021
Good point about surge protection, I'll see how I can add that it.

The good news is that the monitors have resurrected themselves and are now working. I have no idea why, but after 6 days of not working, they have decided to power on.