AOEIII preview (graphics engine)

Vinny

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2004

"Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in
news:74iZd.3678$qW.179@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

> http://www.gamespy.com/articles/595/595178p1.html
>
> Jonah Falcon

Saving up my money right now for the new computer i'm gonna need to play
that game! Big time fan of the AOE series. The graphics shown in those
screen shots are all i need to see since Ensemble Studios games have all
been very fun to play. Thanks for the link Jonah!

"Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> http://www.gamespy.com/articles/595/595178p1.html
>
> Jonah Falcon

Sadly, I think AOEIII will simply be Age of Mythology upgraded to 2005
graphics. Why would they change the gameplay formula? They sold a boatload
of copies of AoM. Given that Ensemble Studios stubbornly refused to release
a patch to address difficulty issues with the single player random maps, I
told them that they shouldn't expect to get another dime from me. I'm sure
they don't care, but that's fine - ignore former loyal fans and sooner or
later suffer the financial consequences. Ensemble Studios could close down
for all I care at this point.

"Vinny" <noemail@this.com> wrote in message
> "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in
>
>> http://www.gamespy.com/articles/595/595178p1.html
>>
>> Jonah Falcon
>>

> Saving up my money right now for the new computer i'm gonna need to play
> that game! Big time fan of the AOE series. The graphics shown in those
> screen shots are all i need to see since Ensemble Studios games have all
> been very fun to play. Thanks for the link Jonah!

Yeah, I don't much care for EE or RON. AOE is my cup o' tea.

Jonah Falcon

"Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:
> > http://www.gamespy.com/articles/595/595178p1.html

That's great news, after all these years I think AoEII is still "The
Game" in my heart. Can't wait to see AoEIII on the shelves (and I
didn't look at your link as yet!).

NightSky 421 wrote:
> Given that Ensemble Studios stubbornly refused to release
> a patch to address difficulty issues with the single player random
maps

Excuse me, what's so wrong with difficulty settings in AoM random maps?
I can hardly believe that you can't find a balance to your liking. At
least use teams: if "hard" is too hard, add an ally on your part, if
"simple" is too simple, add an enemy. I would think this will work
almost with every game, more or less (unless you're looking for The
Perfect Single Player Game).

MC