Question AOMEI Uninstall itself?

Dec 16, 2019
I have a Lenovo T520 running Win7 Pro.
Internal mSATA SSD as main drive.
I have used AOMEI to back up to external USB drive many times.

Because I am thinking of up/down-grading Win 7 to Win 10, I thought I would clone my Win 7 Pro (that is on mSATA drive) to a spare HDD that I put in the normal laptop drive bay. This worked in normal way. I tried booting from that drive, and it worked fine.

Now, a little later, I decided to also back up to an external USB drive. When I went to do that (having booted from main mSata drive), I got some sort of strange error message saying my version did not support portable drive. So, I had a look at my C:Drive programs, and there is not even a folder for AOMEI.

It looks like AOMEI cannot exist in two places on the same computer (even as a backup)? If that is the case, not very good on desktops with multiple drive bays. Nor on my T520 that can have up to 3 installed drives.

It doesn't seem possible to communicate with AOMEI - Anyone here have any input?

Dec 16, 2019
This is somewhat off-subject - I just wondered if other had a similar experience with AOMEI. I suspect the problem is that if you are using AOMEI to make the disk copy, it can't copy itself because it is in use? I don't know - just a guess.

Not interested in switching software, but I have used Macrium and True Image in past. Just find AOMEI a lot easier to use. I seem to recall once being unable to restore from Macrium because they had updated their software since I made my backup. Same with the Windows backup. Long time since I used True Image, but I may still have a lifetime licence!

Biggest problem with all these backup programs, is having them work when time comes to back up. Hard to rely on them. What I do, is store most of data and even desktop on separate drive. But also in free cloud storage such as Dropbox, Gdrive, Onedrive. Also all email remains on Gmail or Outlook. In a complete failure, not that hard to do a clean install and not lose anything much.

TRENDING THREADS