[SOLVED] Aorus 1080 Ti Extreme keeps crashing with strange Error

Lodhi12

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016
Hello everyone. I bought an Aorus 1080 Ti Extreme card... Right from the start, I got strange errors from Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries and NFS Payback games on PC... I did a new windows 10 Pro install from scratch, and for sometime, errors went away, but now again crashing game.

Solution
I've had similar problems when switching graphics cards. First, check your graphics drivers to make sure they are up to date. If that doesn't work, a good solution that worked for some of my games was changing the directX mode or switching to Vulcan (most games will prompt on launch if they have a Vulcan mode). Another thing that actually fixed the rest of my games is I launched them with nvidia suggested settings (this can be found in geforce experience).

jadenwoolworth

Reputable
Sep 24, 2017
I've had similar problems when switching graphics cards. First, check your graphics drivers to make sure they are up to date. If that doesn't work, a good solution that worked for some of my games was changing the directX mode or switching to Vulcan (most games will prompt on launch if they have a Vulcan mode). Another thing that actually fixed the rest of my games is I launched them with nvidia suggested settings (this can be found in geforce experience).

Solution