[SOLVED] Aorus 15G YC laptop stuck in Aptio Setup boot loop

Feb 3, 2021
My Aorus laptop recently crashed, and would only boot to Aptio Setup after the crash. Looking into the issue, it seemed likely that an SSD failure was to blame. Navigating to Advanced -> NVMe Configuration -> (SSD serial number) indicated that the SSD was not working - the device was detected, but the total size was shown as 0 GB, and the SSD would not pass the device self test.

I replaced the SSD with a new one, and it seems to work - the new SSD's actual capacity is detected, and it passes the self test. However, I am still stuck in an Aptio Setup boot loop. Fixes suggested online for similar issues do not work, notably disabling secure boot or selecting "Launch CSM" in the Boot menu, as none of these options are available. The only toggles available in the Boot menu are "Bootup NumLock State" and OS Type, and the only OS available is "UEFI OS." Does anyone have any guidance on how to proceed from here?

Selected machine specs are as follows (full specs here):
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-10870H
  • Graphics: Nvidia RTX 3080 (laptop) and Intel UHD 630
  • Memory: 32 GB DDR4
Thanks!

Solution
Out of curiosity, did the SSD with the OS conk out? If so, then you're going to have to reinstall the OS onto the SSD that was replaced. Regardless of Windows 10 or 11, you can fabricate your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.