Question Aorus 15P XD Laptop back cover front two screws have no threads?

ShangWang

Reputable
Mar 26, 2021
Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I don't know if these are supposed to be screws, but if they are they have no threads unlike the rest of the back cover of my laptop and don't look like they can be conveniently removed. They just look like shiny nails.

If they can't be removed with a screwdriver and are holding down the laptop shell, how do you remove them?

I haven't tried disassembling the laptop yet, but if this is a mistake and they're supposed to have threads I need to return this laptop within 7 days. What are these? Do they hold the laptop shell down?

ShangWang

Reputable
Mar 26, 2021
Apart from the top two most screws located at the top of the first image, the rest of the screws look like torx screws. Using this video it seems that all the holes should have a torx screw preventing the laptop's underside from coming loose;
View: https://youtu.be/zdC9mWBF6r8?t=321
So those are just for the underside of the laptop?
From what I can see they have no threads whatsoever so they can't be removed.

They aren't holding the shell of the laptop down and aren't a problem with dissassembly? I just find the design strange and am wondering why just those two front 'screws' aren't ones to be holding the shell down.

ShangWang

Reputable
Mar 26, 2021
Welp, then you have your answer! :)

I was looking at the top part of the video and not the bottom since your images weren't clear. The video also is darker towards the bottom hence why I missed it.
No worries, but I still have no idea what those two "screws" are, I just want to know if they interefere with disassembly or not and what kind of screws they are considered if they even are screws. I need to know because if this is a manufacturing mistake I want to return the laptop ASAP or how to unscrew them if necessary.