[SOLVED] Aorus 17G - AX200 160Mhz - bad wifi speed

Bailante

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2013
Hi everyone!

Tested a few laptops in the last few days, they all have 250+ Mbps download speeds on my wifi network (which is 300Mbps).

On my new Aorus 17G, it stays under 70-90 Mbps no matter which settings I've tried in the card drivers (tried ax, ac, also updated drivers to 22.70 and rolled them back to 22.40 - with no visible effect).
Can someone help please?
Additional info - my router is WiFi5, or at least I think so...
xEAzRoe.jpg
WiTkgnT.png

Solution
I do not think it is the router it is likely you house absorbing the signals. The only reason I asked about the router was to see what the maximum you could expect. You would have to read the technical specs but the so called speed number will tell you.

The second pc is getting slightly better signal levels.

Your best test to see the maximum rates is to take the pc and put it next to the router.

In some ways I am surprised you do not have more issues with the second card especially if you have the garbage killer "gamer" stuff loaded.

What you should see in your link speed is the numbers 433 or 867 depending on if it is 1x1 or 2x2. This tends to not really be a driver thing but more a signal level and interference...

Bailante

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2013
So called link speed is actually what is called MCS value.

What that means is you have fairly bad signals levels. You are either running a single stream at about 75% or you are running 2 streams at about 50%. Does your router support 1x1 or 2x2 mimo.
Thank you, sir

How do I check is it 1x1 or 2x2? In router advanced settings there is nothing like that.
Here is the data from the second laptop which stands literally next to the first one. Difference is 3-fold (and at quiet period of time second one reaches 240, while the first still "hard capped" 50Mbps or so). If the router was the problem, that would impact both machines?

Kzb5H4R.png
E0CSDiR.png

I do not think it is the router it is likely you house absorbing the signals. The only reason I asked about the router was to see what the maximum you could expect. You would have to read the technical specs but the so called speed number will tell you.

The second pc is getting slightly better signal levels.

Your best test to see the maximum rates is to take the pc and put it next to the router.

In some ways I am surprised you do not have more issues with the second card especially if you have the garbage killer "gamer" stuff loaded.

What you should see in your link speed is the numbers 433 or 867 depending on if it is 1x1 or 2x2. This tends to not really be a driver thing but more a signal level and interference measure. You are using channel 40 you could try channel 155 but the exact number you choose depends a bit on the router. You want to try numbers around 150-160. You are looking to get the link speed to say 433 or 867

Solution