Question Aorus 240 aio help

Jan 3, 2020
I installed aio cooler per instructions to the detail. It booted up but had no rpm indicated in pump. Actually it said 8642 which is not right anyway. But there are 2 wires that are not talked about in directions. One 4 pin male wire labeled pump. And other 4 pun female wire that looks like it should plug into cpu fan header. . I tried gigabyte support they stuck. Instructions doesnt say anything about plugging in cpu fan header and without one plugged in my pc loads fine and everything seems to work . But wonder what to do with the 2 wires. If I actually uh them into each other everything seems to work. I can control from on fan and pump though I cant tell if pump speed actually changes. Question is does anyone know what the 2 wires are for . Doesnt make sense they would send it to me just to plug in to each other when they could do that inside the pump housing. I have z390 aorus motherboard . And aorus 240mm liquid aio cooler

Jan 3, 2020
I installed usb wire to usb spot on motherboard. I connected sata power cable. I installed 2 wires from each fan 4 pin wires pwm to the y wire coming from the aio pump. And also 2 wires from each fan argb to the y wire coming from the aio pump. But there are 2 more wires I mentioned

Please take some pictures from the complete installation you did, upload these to imgur.com and post the links

Be sure not to connect any PWM connectors to the motherboard. The only connection to the motherboard is the USB connection.

If you have more than the known plugs, are you sure it´s the Gigabyte Aorus Liquid 240 cooler and not a similar one?

Jan 3, 2020
It says that on the box. I ordered another one just to be sure. One other guy asked what to do with the wires and someone answered yes to his question but that did t help . Even the diagram of wiring doesnt show the extra wires. I'll try to get photos but gonna be hard . Its installed everything is working . But just wanna make sure the 2 extra wires are ok plugged into each other

Jan 3, 2020
the one pic is of the only wires mentioned in the direstions and they are next to the wires. then pic of the 2 wires seperately are unknown wires . i just plugged them in together just because they fit and everything seems to work. cpu heats up then fans turn on and cool it off. i can control rpm on fan and pump but the pump is hard to tell if actually does anything with the liquid. does anyone actually know what to do with the 2 extra wires not mentioned in directions. i bought 2 of these coolers just to be sure i didnt get some other one by mistake . they are exactly the same thx if you can help

Jan 3, 2020
Yep that’s the answer I finally got from aorus. Makes no sense why you need to make that connection or why it’s not connected internally somehow. Other people using aio cooler don’t have these wires