News Aorus Adds Quad Slot GeForce RTX 3090 Master To the Family

spongiemaster

Respectable
Dec 12, 2019
I don't understand the purpose of spending R&D money developing new models of 3000 series GPU's. How is that anything but a terrible waste of money and bad business decision?

geogan

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Is the 3090 Master only coming out now?? Thought it was out months ago. Isn't this exactly the same as the 3080 and 3070 versions of Master card? The only thing I have not seen in etailers much is the Xtreme version cards which are much thicker than Master version.

I don't understand the purpose of spending R&D money developing new models of 3000 series GPU's. How is that anything but a terrible waste of money and bad business decision?
These models were known about at 3000 series launch so its not new R&D. From what I have seen there is minimal performance difference or overclocking ability between a good low end card and these top end cards. The gpu’s seem to have a very consistent performance and overclocking ability making very little distinction between them. However these top end cards demand a price premium and people will buy them. I would expect the margins on these types of high end cards are greater than the entry level cards.

Reactions: Phaaze88

mac_angel

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
You said the first and third HDMI ports are HDMI 2.1, and the middle one is HDMI 2.0. Is there a way to tell if that's HDMI 2.0 or 2.0b?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS