Question Aorus B450 Elite.

May 4, 2019
Can't find where to connect the Power SW or the HDD LED to motherboard. I also cant't find the power reset cable. The motherboard manual doesn't sayanything about HDD LED or the power SW cables

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
Are they cables coming from the connectors on the front (or top) of your case ?
If so they are most likely Audio Jack and USB connectors.
What Exact case do you have ?
And can you take a picture of where those cables are connected to the case ?

Most cases have audio jacks and USB ports (USB 2.0 and/or USB 3.0) on the front (or top) which need to be connected to the proper header on the MB.
Look at the picture of your MB layout on Page 12 of the Manual it shows the locations of all the headers (internal connectors) on your MB.

Last edited:
May 4, 2019

Most cases have audio jacks and USB ports (USB 2.0 and/or USB 3.0) on the front (or top) which need to be connected to the proper header on the MB.
Look at the picture of your MB layout on Page 12 of the Manual it shows the locations of all the headers (internal connectors) on your MB.
It is a Phanteks eclipse P300, I'll take a picture right now. The cables appear to be coming from the top right of the case.

May 4, 2019

The manual does have the locations but the cables arent labeled so I'm having trouble knowing what to connect.

Also not sure if I connected my HD Audio cable correctly.

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
Those should be the USB 3.0 connectors, Audio Connectors and an RGB LED Switch connector.
The ports the cables come from are shown under Functional Features (a picture) here:
http://phanteks.com/Eclipse-P300-TemperedGlass.html

The USB 3.0 connectors and Audio connectors should be easy to figure out if you look at the picture in your MB manual on page 12.
Look at the ends of the cables and match they to the same type (same number and layout of pins) connectors on your MB.
For the RGB connector cable you will need to look at the end of it and see if it is a 3 pin or 4 pin connector and plug it into the same type RGB header on your MB.
Look on page 14 and 15 in your MB manual.

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
That big connector (top of picture) looks like it is connected to the USB 3.0 ports.

The one with the label on it is for adding in RGB strip lights so it does NOT connect to your MB .
It would connect directly to an RGB strip like this one:
http://www.phanteks.com/PH-LEDKT.html

The one on the right looks like it has 6 pins but it's hard to tell from the picture.
Most Audio connectors are 9 pin so if it is a 9 pin connector it would connect to the F_Audio connector on your MB.

Last edited:
May 4, 2019
That big connector (top of picture) looks like an eSATA connector to me which your MB does NOT use so you can just leave it unconnected.

The one with the label on it is for adding in RGB strip lights so it does NOT connect to your MB .
It would connect directly to an RGB strip like this one:
http://www.phanteks.com/PH-LEDKT.html

The one on the right looks like it has 6 pins but it's hard to tell from the picture.
Most Audio connectors are 9 pin so if it is a 9 pin connector it would connect to the F_Audio connector on your MB.
I've already connected the audio cable. The small one at the bottom is only a 3 hole cable. No pins from what i can tell

I just realized it is the cable for the pre installed fan. Should I install it to the SysFan 1/2/3 fan port?

Last edited:
Reactions: DMAN999

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
You should be able to connect it to any SYS_Fan header.

I still am not sure about that top cable it looks like it is connected to the USB 3.0 ports but it is definitely NOT the right connector for your MB's USB 3.0 connector/header (F_USB30) which is to the left of the front panel header (F_Panel - HDD LED/Power Switch/etc).
Is the USB 3.0 connector already plugged into your MB, if so that big connector would connect to your case USB ports.

Last edited:
May 4, 2019
I still am not sure about that top cable it looks like it is connected to the USB 3.0 ports but it is definitely NOT the right connector for your MB's USB 3.0 connector/header (F_USB30) which is to the left of the front panel header (F_Panel - HDD LED/Power Switch/etc)
The fan is a 4 pin but this cable only has 3 slots

May 4, 2019

I still am not sure about that top cable it looks like it is connected to the USB 3.0 ports but it is definitely NOT the right connector for your MB's USB 3.0 connector/header (F_USB30) which is to the left of the front panel header (F_Panel - HDD LED/Power Switch/etc).
Is the USB 3.0 connector already plugged into your MB, if so that big connector would connect to your case USB ports.
View: http://imgur.com/gallery/bgN1v59

I've already connected the 3.0 USB cable, the audio cable, the power switch and the hard drive cable

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
Good work. :D
That last one should work when connected to any SYS_Fan header.
The 4 pin SYS_Fan header should have a tab so you have to connect it the proper way.
The 2 tabs on that cable will fit around the tab on the MB connector.
That will allow it to be controlled by voltage (DC), NOT PWM (like a 4 pin fan is).

Last edited:
Reactions: artemisalive

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
Thanks. Super anxious about messing up.
And will it connect even if it's a 3 hole slot and the pins require 4? As in the cable is 3 slots, but the motherboard has 4 pins for the Sys Fan.
Yes read my edited post above for more info on using it on the 4 pin SYS_Fan connector.

PS
If everything works, please mark this thread as solved and choose one of my posts as the Best Answer.

May 4, 2019
Yes read my edited post above for more info on using it on the 4 pin SYS_Fan connector.

PS
If everything works, please mark this thread as solved and choose one of my posts as the Best Answer.
It did work, just finished connecting it but had to do some cable managment cause the cable was so far from the Sys Fan pins. Thank you!

How do I choose one as the Best Answer and as solved

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
Glad to hear it all worked.

I believe there should be a trophy icon at the top left side of posts which you can only see if you started the thread.
You would just click on the trophy icon to choose a post as the best answer.

May 4, 2019
I believe there should be a trophy icon at the top left side of posts which you can only see if you started the thread.
You would just click on the trophy icon to choose a post as the best answer.
I think I did it? Thank you again:) Hopefully the rest of the build goes well