[SOLVED] Aorus B450 I w/ 2200g will not post

Feb 17, 2019
I completed a build recently and it will not display anything/appears not to post. The power button LED and case/cpu fans turn on and stay on when powered. The hdmi cable and monitor work perfectly with my laptop.

Components:
Ryzen 2200g w/stock cooler
Aorus B450 I Pro WiFi (itx)
Powerspec PS 430WF
Thermaltake Core V1
GeIL EVO Potenza 8GB 2X4 kit
Inland premium 256GB m.2 drive (Micro Center in-house ssd brand)

I followed a build video with this case, so to my knowledge, the mobo and all power connectors are installed properly. Here is the video:
View: https://youtu.be/dFyhn6seoow

There are no beeps or leds indicating an issue, leading me to believe it may be a display issue. Another thing to note is that the power supply’s supplemental 12v cpu power is 4pin and not 8 pin, something I have read should not be an issue unless overclocking.

Troubleshooting steps taken include:

1. Reseating all internal cabling

2. Tried both sticks of ram individually in each port, and together swapped.

3. Resetting cmos (ground with screwdriver for 10 seconds w/ power off)

4. Tried different monitor and hdmi cable

Do you see anything I may have missed?

Solution
"The build still does not beep upon being started with only the cpu and system fan turning on, and the blue power LED lit."
If no beeps when RAMs removed, then board, or CPU, or both do not work and I suggest returning them, to be replaced, if under warranty.
Feb 17, 2019
Now that you mention that, the case does not have a built in speaker and the pins for the speaker are separate from the hd audio connection that comes connected with the case. I’ll pick up an internal speaker and come back to this thread when I get a chance to verify whether there are beeps.

Thanks Alexoiu!

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2019
Alright, I picked up a DisplayPort cable, 4pin to 8pin 12v eps adapter and 4 pin motherboard speaker. The build still does not beep upon being started with only the cpu and system fan turning on, and the blue power LED lit. It does not show anything on the monitors I tried as well with hdmi or DisplayPort, so this is seemingly not a display issue anymore.

Additionally, I reseated the cpu in order to make sure I absolutely have that right. I carefully cleaned the processor/heat sink of all paste with isopropyl and qtips, then applied a pea sized drop of new thermal paste, and reinstalled the heat sink. Everything looks fine there, no excess paste squeezing out of the sides or anything messy. To the naked eye, there were no issues with the pins/socket and at no point were they touched or exposed to paste (or any dust/particles I could see).

Finally, I tried to reset the cmos again, this did not change anything to my knowledge.

I am still a bit at a loss as to what might be the issue. Do any of you have any further suggestions?

"The build still does not beep upon being started with only the cpu and system fan turning on, and the blue power LED lit."
If no beeps when RAMs removed, then board, or CPU, or both do not work and I suggest returning them, to be replaced, if under warranty.

Solution