[SOLVED] Aorus b450 m doesnt allow me to use m.2 and HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2020
So I recently created a new system, and for whatever reason i cannot get the HDD to show up in bios, but shows up in the disk management. I cannot format it, assign a new letter, or anything. It shows the I/O device error and I just cant figure it out. I have my m.2 slot in use which is where my windows is installed, and i have the feeling its because i have that m.2, i cannot use the HDD. I've tried all ports and and different sata cables. I know when the m.2 is used, you can only use ports 0, 1, and 2, as it says in the manual.

Is gigabyte just bad in general? I made the same build using an MSI board, and another with an ASUS board, no problems at all, they were all plug-n'-play.

any help would be tremendously appreciated!

dazcan111

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
You have to initialize the disk before it will let you do anything to it. I think if you click on the device box where it say uninitialized a pop up appears with the option, if not google it.

Jun 4, 2020
You have to initialize the disk before it will let you do anything to it. I think if you click on the device box where it say uninitialized a pop up appears with the option, if not google it.
Yeah I did all that and i think its just best for me to get a new one .. i tried it again on another system and it didn't allow me to use it, and it prevented me from booting to windows .. so im just gonna use a new one and see if I have the same issue .. for now its resolved , issue was HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.