Question Aorus B450 M motherboard not detecting NVMe SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2021
I have the Aorus B450 M.

Today I bought a WD BLUE SN550 NVMe SSD 1TB.

The requirements on the packaging say "Requires M.2 2280 port"

The SSD seems to fit flawlessly, yet no new SSD is appearing in BIOS or Disk Management. Am I missing something here? I have checked the specs on my motherboard over and over again trying to make sense of where my error is at and I just don't get it.

Also I have removed it and tried reseating it once. Still nothing.

I am also updating my BIOS but I am way past the last patch for NVMe support/improvements..

Thanks for any help!

I have the Aorus B450 M.

Today I bought a WD BLUE SN550 NVMe SSD 1TB.

The requirements on the packaging say "Requires M.2 2280 port"

The SSD seems to fit flawlessly, yet no new SSD is appearing in BIOS or Disk Management. Am I missing something here? I have checked the specs on my motherboard over and over again trying to make sense of where my error is at and I just don't get it.

Also I have removed it and tried reseating it once. Still nothing.

I am also updating my BIOS but I am way past the last patch for NVMe support/improvements..

Thanks for any help!
is the sata port/cable on anywhere between slot 1 to 4? tried the nvme somewhere else?

Sep 19, 2021
is the sata port/cable on anywhere between slot 1 to 4? tried the nvme somewhere else?
I only see the one port on my motherboard...
It's right underneath where my GPU sits.
There is no cable that I'm aware of either. I'm pretty new to this, I guess I just assumed it'd plug in and detect!
Currently I am trying to figure out how to attach a picture to this where I've circled the NVMe slot 😑

make sure the sata drive is connected to the grey ones. also try to unplug the nvme, clean the contacts, flash the bios to the latest again then load default/optimized on the bios after update, save and exit. then plug the nvme back again.

Sep 19, 2021
make sure the sata drive is connected to the grey ones. also try to unplug the nvme, clean the contacts, flash the bios to the latest again then load default/optimized on the bios after update, save and exit. then plug the nvme back again.
I'm not sure I know what you mean.
I have to make sure a SATA cable is connected somewhere in order for my M.2 port to work?
Shouldn't my motherboard detect the NVMe as it is currently seated directly into it?

I'm not sure I know what you mean.
I have to make sure a SATA cable is connected somewhere in order for my M.2 port to work?
Shouldn't my motherboard detect the NVMe as it is currently seated directly into it?
sometimes when m.2 nvme port is being used, slot 5 and 6 are disabled, that's why try to plug them on the grey port since they're slot 0 an 1 (the first slot).

And yes it should detect, but now's not the case, hence why i told you to try what i said.

Sep 19, 2021
sometimes when m.2 nvme port is being used, slot 5 and 6 are disabled, that's why try to plug them on the grey port since they're slot 0 an 1 (the first slot).

And yes it should detect, but now's not the case, hence why i told you to try what i said.
Okay, I think I understand a bit better now. I will have to try and figure that out. I don't quite understand the slots though, or even where they are located. But thanks for trying to bear with me, and the quick responses.

EDIT: The grey SATA slots on the far right of the motherboard?

Reactions: Koekieezz
Sep 19, 2021
yes, under 24pin atx power.
Okay I tried switching to both slots 4, and 5 and I got this message when booting:

"Reboot and Select a proper Boot device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key..."

I then tried slots 0-3 and seems that I can only use slots 1 and 0 to boot with that SSD. I received the same "Reboot and Select" message for slots 2-3.

EDIT: Slots 0-3 are not the grey 2 slots. Which means the grey 2 are 4-5, right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.