Question Aorus b450 M + R5-3600 - No POST and VGA debug led ON

Nov 25, 2020
Good evening, guys. I start this thread to hopefully find a solution here, would appreciate a lot if you can help me.
I've build a new system with the following specs:

• Ryzen 5 3600
  • Aorus b450 M
  • Hyperx Fury 8gb 3200mhz Single Stick
  • Sapphire Radeon Rx550 2gb
  • Corsair vs 650w PSU
I successfully builded it without any issues. Mobo recognized CPU and it booted and worked flawlessly the first day. I installed Windows 10 OS and even downloaded and installed graphic card's drivers with no problems at all. What happens next is that I turn to get some files from my other pc and when I came back, found out there was no display signal (I supposed it rebooted). Immediatly checked the case and mobo and find the VGA debug red led turned on. Force rebooted and still the same: no POST, no display and VGA debug led is ON. Since that day (about 3 days ago) I've been troubleshooting A LOT and still no clue of what is happening.

Here's the list of things I've tried so far:

• Double-checked connections (mostly HDMI input on the graphics card hdmi slot)
  • Reseating everything (again and again): RAM (on each slot), CPU, GPU (in both Pci-e slots), every PSU connection in the mobo(atx supply, cpu supply, etc): nothing happens.
  • Reset CMOS (both jumper and taking out the battery): nothing happens.
  • Tried with another PSU: nothing happens.
  • Tried turning it on without HDD disk connected: Nothing happens.
  • Checked every other part in another pc (except CPU) and they work just fine.
  • Take out the MoBo from case and build everything over a non-conductive surface: nothing happens.
  • Tried with another working graphics card (gtx 1060 3gb): nothing happens.
  • Tried today with a Ryzen 3 1200: It works and POST. (So I can say it's not the MoBo what is wrong) Checked bios version: F50 (compatible with R5-3600). I can even enter into windows with no problems. Updated Bios to the latest version F60c and tried again with R5-3600: Still stuck on VGA debug red led and no POST.
At this point I dont know what else to do. Tomorrow I'll be checking my CPU with a friend's mobo to see what happens.
What do you recommend me to do? I bought the pieces in amazon, but I'm currently living outside, so RMA is not a good thing to think about right now (budget issues).
Would appreciate every help you could give me!

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS