Question Aorus B450 PRO rev 1 bios update

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please don't make the leap of faith and jump to the latest. Instead, I'd suggest that you gradually work your way to the latest version. Only exception I'd make is that you skip version F62 which holds A.G.E.S.A code 1.2.0.5 which is the dreaded version(ruined most people's computing experiences). Just an FYI, there is a description section that needs following.

In short, don't be lazy and make that jump to the latest. Spend that little bit more time and patiently get to F63d(skipping F62).

Colif

Win 11 Master
update to F32 first, then do this
Before update BIOS to F40, you have to install EC FW Update Tool (B19.0517.1 or later version) to avoid 4DIMM DDR incompatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU (the file is in the bios package)
if you want to use 4 sticks on a new processor and update to F40

then you can jump to top one from there.

Lutfij

Titan
I stopped jumping when I noticed that even a jump can trigger a fit from the board/BIOS. Thankfully all boards that did end up with a fit(had a corrupt BIOS) were solved with a BIOS programmer or a BIOS Flashback option(I know, I was lucky). Others not so much, so playing it safe is the first thing I'd do.

Dec 7, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please don't make the leap of faith and jump to the latest. Instead, I'd suggest that you gradually work your way to the latest version. Only exception I'd make is that you skip version F62 which holds A.G.E.S.A code 1.2.0.5 which is the dreaded version(ruined most people's computing experiences). Just an FYI, there is a description section that needs following.

In short, don't be lazy and make that jump to the latest. Spend that little bit more time and patiently get to F63d(skipping F62).
Thanks ,will avoid F62

i did the incremental updating on my b450 aorus pro to move from 3600x to 5900x.

took a few minutes but got em all installed one by one. sucks but that's the way i understood it needed to be done for that mobo.
by incremental you mean you installed all the versions or 32, 40, 50, 60?

the only ones you need to get are 32 & 40, should be able to jump to end after that.
so the order should be 32, EC FW Update Tool, 40, 63d?

Dec 7, 2022
I stopped jumping when I noticed that even a jump can trigger a fit from the board/BIOS. Thankfully all boards that did end up with a fit(had a corrupt BIOS) were solved with a BIOS programmer or a BIOS Flashback option(I know, I was lucky). Others not so much, so playing it safe is the first thing I'd do.
so should i go 32, 40, 50, 60, 63f?