Question PC not starting ?

Aug 4, 2021
So 3 weeks ago i bought a processor, motherboard, and graphics card:
Ryzen 5 3500X second hand
Aorus b450 elite v2
and an rx470 also second hand

I gamed on it regularly for a week after my vacation ended, went back to work, came back home and the system won't start, only a blue light flickers when i give power to my PSU. Sometimes after the power has been given to CPU it boots up spontaneously. My PSU is 460 watts. i checked and i think my PSU is not being overworked though it is old and its own fans are pretty slow.

TL:dR: Motherboard flashes a blue light when supply PSU with power and doesnt start when i press power button (no fans no light nothing) but will sometimes spontaneously boot on its own after a while.
CPU: ryzen 5 3500x
Motherboard: aorus b450
Ram: 8gb
SSD/HDD: 256 gb ssd/ 2 500 gb hdd
GPU: RX470
Chassis: Antec

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, you're advised to include as much information as possible. One of which is listing your full system's specs. Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
Chassis:

Considering you performed an upgrade, please list two sets of specs, one for before the upgrade and one for after the upgrade. You're also advised to include the make and model of your PSU and it's age. What you've done is merely state it's wattage. A PSU's wattage doesn't always dictate a system's optimal operation.

Aug 4, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, you're advised to include as much information as possible. One of which is listing your full system's specs. Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
Chassis:

Considering you performed an upgrade, please list two sets of specs, one for before the upgrade and one for after the upgrade. You're also advised to include the make and model of your PSU and it's age. What you've done is merely state it's wattage. A PSU's wattage doesn't always dictate a system's optimal operation.
i will have to check my PSU but i think its an ANTEC psu but i will check and update. ive also edited my original post with the specifications