[SOLVED] Aorus B450M, No Network Adapters!?

Jun 16, 2020
Fresh to the message board, Hello! New build says there's no network adapter for internet connection. There's a hidden one called "Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter" and it says its updated, but internet icon says "Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter you will need to re-install the driver". This is my first build and I am clueless! Thanks in Advance!

Solution
Fresh to the message board, Hello! New build says there's no network adapter for internet connection. There's a hidden one called "Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter" and it says its updated, but internet icon says "Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter you will need to re-install the driver". This is my first build and I am clueless! Thanks in Advance!
Any unknown devices in Device manager ? Check BIOS to see if network is enabled, If enabled and it's in DM, download and try to install drivers
MB has Realtek® GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit), they tend to be somewhat temperamental so get drivers from Gigabyte site...
Any unknown devices in Device manager ? Check BIOS to see if network is enabled, If enabled and it's in DM, download and try to install drivers
MB has Realtek® GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit), they tend to be somewhat temperamental so get drivers from Gigabyte site.
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-M-rev-10/support#support-dl

Reactions: Snax1224
Solution
Jun 16, 2020
Full system specs, and what version of Windows?

So I'm new to computer building. And when I say I'm new, the only way I was able to do it was through a youtube vid where he told me what to buy and how to put it together. I literally made a list and took it to Micro Center (my first time ever being in anything more serious than a best buy, i rang up next to T-Pain... lol)! All That is to say, I dont know what info you're asking for so I'll tell you what I bought.

1. AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Matisse 3>8GHz 6Core AM4 Boxed Processor with Spire Cooler
  2. B450 Aorus M AMD AM4mATX Motherboard
  3. Radeon RX 5600 XT Red Dragon Overclocked Dual-Fan 6GB GDDR6 PCle 4.0 Graphics Card
  4. Trident Z Neo Series RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR-3600 PC4-2800 CL 16 Dual Channel Memory **Kit F-4-3600C 16D-16GTZNC-Black
5)512GB SSD 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCle NVMe 3.0 x4 Internal Solid state Drive
  1. 650 Watt 80 Plus Bronze ATX Semi-Modular Power Supply
  2. H510 Tempered Glass ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case- Black
  3. Windows 10 ... lol

I watched this guy...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9-x3jRSQvQ

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
Full system specs, and what version of Windows?

And thanks bro. I'm just now learning to include specs in my questions... Could you do me a favor and put what I showed you I have in laymens or a shorter term/language encase I have to repeat it...!? LoL Thanks a million. And appreciate your quick response. It lets me know I've joined a good message board. You guys are active!

Jun 16, 2020
MB has Realtek® GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit), they tend to be somewhat temperamental so get drivers from Gigabyte site.
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-M-rev-10/support#support-dl

Hummm.. I'll check for "Unknown Devices" in Device Manager. But I wanna say I've already looked and there weren't any, as other videos asked that.

I'll check the BIOS and get back. But "Realtek" doesnt show up in DM... Only "Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter" shows up there, and only appears if I choose "show hidden devices" from View in the Menu

It took me literally 3 weeks to learn that the Network Adapters were a part of the MB... I didn't know if it came with windows 10 or "who" to get them from. And thanks for responding so quickly. When I tell you I'm "ignant" about computers... All I know how to do is turn them on and play games... I shoulda gave more time to it when I was younger instead of playing command and conquer, warcraft and pixelated Wolfenstien and Doom all day on "Don't Hurt Me Daddy" mood... SMH LOL

Jun 16, 2020
As CountMike said, check the bios and see if Network is enabled. If so:

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Driver/mb_driver_lan_realtek_10.31.0828.2018.zip

Download this and use your phone (assuming you're on phone to write these threads -- if you're on another PC, use an USB drive) connected to your PC through an USB cable to put the file on your PC and extract the contents, then install the driver.

Thanks JustQuant, I'm on my old PC. Imma check to BIOS right now, figuring I can find the specs in the BIOS... LoL