[SOLVED] Aorus B45m and Kolink core RGB 600w, 5v RGB not working

Jun 10, 2021
Hello, I recently purchased the Kolink core RGB 600w PSU seen here:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kolink-Sup...eywords=kolink+core+rgb&qid=1623914531&sr=8-1

i have an Aorus B450m seen here:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aorus-B450...=1&keywords=aorus+b450m&qid=1623914644&sr=8-3

This PSU comes with a 5V RGB connection with a little inVDG 3 pin connector sticking out of it, i have connected the 5v 3 pin connector to the "RGB1" port on my motherboard but its not being controlled by my motherbord settings in RGB fusion.
Am I supposed to plug in the inVGD somewhere? or should it be working as it is with the 5v 3-pin connector in RGB1? im stumped atm, also a side question, my RGBfusion is terrible and glitchy with my Ballistix RGB ram, and just doesnt work properly with anything other than a solid colour, any decent fixes for synced RGB between my 3 RGB componnts of PSU, MB and RAM? Thanks all :)

Solution
Are you sure about what motherboard you have? Looking at the motherboard manual, I don't seen any RGB1 port, just a 12-volt LED_CPU, a 12-volt LED_C, and two D_LED ports, which require you set the jumpers for the correct voltage.

What are all the specs of this PC? Very concerned to see such an archaic PSU being used in a non-office system. Kolink sells some decent PSUs, but this isn't one of them. It's not actually an upgrade from the PSU you were talking about having problems with last week.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Are you sure about what motherboard you have? Looking at the motherboard manual, I don't seen any RGB1 port, just a 12-volt LED_CPU, a 12-volt LED_C, and two D_LED ports, which require you set the jumpers for the correct voltage.

What are all the specs of this PC? Very concerned to see such an archaic PSU being used in a non-office system. Kolink sells some decent PSUs, but this isn't one of them. It's not actually an upgrade from the PSU you were talking about having problems with last week.

Solution

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
You previously had an ancient, group-regulated 430W that couldn't do 430W of power. Now, you have an ancient, group-regulated fake "600W" that can't actually draw 600W of power.

As you're offended by good advice, I will no longer provide any. Best of luck to you in repairing your issue.

Jun 10, 2021
jeez tetchy much, thanks for the advice you have given, now can anyone help me with the RGB issue i have posted about and not just tell me my choice of budget components arent good enough? thanks :)

Jun 10, 2021
Update, turns out the PSU needs to be put in "motherboard control mode" by holding down the switch for 3 seconds, no instructions came that said this found a random comment somewhere else if anyone else has the same issue.

TRENDING THREADS