Question Aorus Elite 570x , Installed PWM fan and Bios not seeing it ???

Jun 4, 2021
I just got a brand new Cooler Master SF120M PWM fan, to replace a non PWM fan.
The old fan showed up fine and could be controlled with voltage.
This new fan is running properly , but for some odd reason the BIOS doesn't see it ??? Shows as ZERO rpm , and of course it does not show up in HWINFO since the sensor is blind to it
Connected to SYSFAN 1

As usual CPU fan and a voltage controlled fan still show up fine

What could be causing this ??? Im on a really old BIOS , F10 , but unless this was a known bug early on , that should not be a problem.
The Fan came with two cables. One for a single fan, and the other with three fan headers. I elected to use the three header one, as the single is quite short (obviously only this single fan is connected) . Not sure why this would be the cause of the issue, but I mention it just in case. Haven't tested the single cable to see if that cures this
Any ideas ?

Lutfij

Titan
When you've stated that you're on BISO version F10, I double checked to see what the latest BISO version is listed on Gigabyte's support site for your motherboard. You have about 6 BIOS updates to go through before you're on the latest version. Which leads me to ask what processor you're on...? It's probable that the BIOS changes also addressed bugs in the BISO with devices connected to the motherboard.

Also, mind sharing a picture of the connection to the motherboard? Often times people don't notice where one pin is left unconnected, dangling/hovering above the motherboard PCB.

On second thoughts, what setting is the dip switch on the fan set to?

Jun 4, 2021
i know its an old bios, but i see no mention anywhere that it had a problem with PWM fans . This bios has been very stable for me , and I didnt have any need to change it . 3700X cpu, but thats pretty irrelevant here.

It has no problem with 3 pin fans.

pretty sure the connector is inserted properly, or the fan would not spin .

fan dip switch? the only dip on the fan is for max speeds, I have it set to the middle .

Jun 4, 2021
i gave a clue to the cure in my desc

the three header fan cable, only one of the headers had the speed wire enabled, and I randomely used one of the others. dont think there are any markings , and there was no indication that I saw that this was the case