Question Aorus Elite and Ryzen 5 3600

Feb 21, 2020
Components:

Auros Elite x570 (non-wifi)
Ryzen 5 3600
Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 5700 xt
G Skill Trident DDR4 3600 (2x16GB)

Built this system in December. Originally had problems posting. Removed CPU, but heat sink paste pulled the cpu out of socket. Visually inspected for damage, none noted.

Reseated and eventually got the system running. However, it only read my RAM in single channel.

Not leaving well enough alone, I wanted to get this machine reading dual so I read that bent pins on cpu might be preventing the dual channel. I remove the cpu and note bent pins. I bend them back with a razor blade. Reseat again, and now I get no signs of life. No fan spin, no lights, nothing. I remove the cpu again and note 1 pin is missing as well. I find the pin in the socket and get it out after shaking the board a bit.

Well, reseating the broken pin cpu gets me nothing but red leds on the back of the mobo. This board has two strips of 5 leds on the back.

I tried the cpu in another mobo. That mobo's rgb light up, but i can't get it to power on with the broken pin cpu.

I exchange the mobo for a new cpu. Seats nicely in the Aorus elite. When i turn on the psu the mobo now shows green leds on the back. However, I'm still unable to power on. No signs of life.

In my initial build, I remember the same problem, but i can't for the life of me remember what i did (other than reseating cpu) to get this thing powered up.

Please tell me i didn't fry both my cpu AND the motherboard!

Thanks in advance!

Feb 21, 2020
First I grabbed a new motherboard. I tried the fried CPU in it. Just got RGB. Figured that was enough to tell me the cpu was the culprit. I returned the motherboard and exchanged for a new cpu. I currently have the new cpu in the Aorus Elite. I figured the back leds flashing green instead of red meant i was making progress!

Feb 21, 2020
Same x570. I believe its a corsair TX 650. This system was up and running the latest and greatest since December. This was a psu from my prior system.

Like I mentioned, I initially had issues getting the board to post on my original build, but it was up and running with only the single channel instead of dual channel ram issue before.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2020
Is it possible i fried both the board and the cpu by putting the broken cpu in there? Should I try the new CPU in a new mobo and see if it posts?

If the leds on the back light up, does that imply the board is not fried?

Feb 21, 2020
So I'm trying to flash the bios back to initial version now, my usb lights up while plugged into the usb flash port, but i get no orange light on the qflash button. Any suggestions!?

TRENDING THREADS