Question Aorus Elite B550 no post after editing secure boot settings

Sep 18, 2022
I dual boot Windows 10 and Linux using rEFInd, and I've had no issues for a while. I started working to upgrade to Windows 11, and saw I needed to enable secure boot.

I went to the bios, enabled secure boot, and saw that I could no longer boot to the windows 10 drive (it also did not appear on the rEFInd menu).

I went through the secure boot settings again, saw that it wasn't "activated" (I think that was the term). So I went through some of the "custom" settings and saw some messaging to the effect that "microsoft uefi ca certificate should not be in the db for secure boot to work" (I'm unsure of the exact wording, but I pieced this message together from my memory and googling at the time to see if anybody else had seen it).

After selecting that and rebooting, the PC no longer posts (I have a speaker from when I set up the computer initially). It turns on, the lights all work, the fans all spin, but the motherboard speaker never makes a peep, and nothing comes up on the screen.

In an attempt to fix it, I tried clearing the cmos, although I have very little confidence it worked, because it offered no change.

I also downloaded the latest version of the bios from the gigabyte website and used their QFlash setup (removing the processor, ram, etc, and pressing a dedicated button to flash new bios from a usb drive).

That also did not fix anything. I'm unsure of how to proceed, but this seems like it should be a very undoable change.

Currently I have my hard drives disconnected, everything else connected, and I'm just trying to post+get into the bios menu.

secureboot cant be turned off with cmos reset, its pretty much launchin from CPU.
if you have integrated graphics, use it, gigabyte mainboards are well known to have broken efi gpu under secureboot
alternative would be replacing CPU, or use your CPU on another mainboard to clear secureboot and tpm

Sep 18, 2022
To fix it, is secureboot something that could completely break the bios?
I’m not sure I understand. I thought secure boot was a bios setting? Shouldn’t that be undone by flashing new bios?