[SOLVED] Aorus Engine Causing Audio Problems 2080 TI

gamer666

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
Hey guy's.
I recently got a Gigabyte 2080 ti Gaming OC and whenever i change the GPU boost clock / mem clock on the preset mode (OC mode, gaming mode, silent mode, user mode) the PC has a strange robotic sound when playing audio like You-tube music etc. Also the PC seems slow and unresponsive for this time.
It sounds like the PC slowing down and weird robot sounds, then after 10 second it goes away.
Is this normal?

Here is what the program looks like.
View: https://imgur.com/a/vEXgo81

Solution
Ive had some private messages regarding this post so let me clarify what i did to fix the issue.

-Got much better quality PSU (Tier A+)
- Removed the trash Aorus Graphics Engine
-Used two separate dedicated PCI connectors from PSU to GPU (not one with the daisy chain)
-Updated the BIOS to latest release
-Don't overclock i rely on GPU boost it actually overclocks itself higher than the Aorus engine did and more stable.
Which POWER SUPPLY unit are you using to power up this GPU ?? Your gigabyte card requires a 650 Watts PSU, and 2 8-PIN PEG/PCI-e cables. What are your other PC specs ??

Does the PC/GPU make a sound even in SILENT mode ? Have you tried using MSI AB tool instead of AORUS ENGINE ??

Last edited:

gamer666

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
hey mate.

750 watt corsair
i7 8700k (stock)
gigabyte gaming aorus 7
16 gb ddr4 @3000 mhz.

When i clicked on silent mode the pc almost crashed black screen for 20 seconds and buzzing sound like it was about to BSOD

Is that a CMX PSU model from Corsair ? Should be fine though for your RIG. Are you on a FRESH OS install as well ? Update the system BIOS, if need be. Also, like I have mentioned above,, have you tried using the MSI AB tool instead of AORUS ENGINE ?? Completely uninstall the AORUS utility, for the time being.

Try to re-seat the GPU firmly once again on the PCI-e slot, if possible. Could this be a sign of a faulty GPU instead ? I'm not sure though. Can you test the card on some other different PC, having a different PSU model ?

Last edited:

gamer666

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
Okay, so i uninstalled Aorus engine and installed MSI AB. I tried the one click OC and during the Scanning OC the sound is there and pc slows down a bit.

Im not on a fresh install of windows.

Ill reseat the GPU now and i do not have any other pc to try on :(

Also im not sure on the power supply if its CMX or not.

I should add that during testing temps are fine and the card runs great. its only when i change gpu speeds.

Last edited:

gamer666

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
Okay i have fixed the problem for now. It was my BIOS version. updated from F7 to f13. now when changing clock speeds no weird issues thanks for your help!

EDIT: The sound has stopped but system still laggs out a little bit when changing preset profile dont know if its a faulty card. my previous graphics card (gtx 980) i could change speeds no problem and had none of these issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Metal Messiah.

gamer666

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
I checked on the power supply its actually a Toughpower GOLD 750W.

I do not have any other system or power supply to test it on unfortunately :(

i have so many LED's on this system even my speakers are RGB (Logitech g560).
could this perhaps be drawing to much power?
my GPU has 750 watt minimum requirements.

I will be getting a m.2 SSD today and fresh install windows and hope for the best.

On a side note i don't know what m.2 slot to use. my motherboard doesn't make it clear.
ill be getting western digital green 240gb m.2 and currently use 1TB HDD and 240 GB SATA SSD. I'm thinking the middle slot or the top one for the thermal guard?
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z370-AORUS-Gaming-7-rev-10#kf

Here is heaven result. Had no artifacts but two times the system seemed to have froze for hundredth of a second and one popping sound came out of speakers then all good.
settings: OC mode Aorus engine
max temp 70°

Edit: Iv'e noticed a problem whenever i close down a browser (tested on 3 browser IE, firefox and chrome) my GPU usage in task manager spikes to 100% for a second or two.

View: https://imgur.com/a/M0zQw9p

ghjk

Last edited:

gamer666

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
Ive had some private messages regarding this post so let me clarify what i did to fix the issue.

-Got much better quality PSU (Tier A+)
- Removed the trash Aorus Graphics Engine
-Used two separate dedicated PCI connectors from PSU to GPU (not one with the daisy chain)
-Updated the BIOS to latest release
-Don't overclock i rely on GPU boost it actually overclocks itself higher than the Aorus engine did and more stable.

Solution