[SOLVED] Aorus Engine won't start, Can't control LC 360

Oct 22, 2020
Hey Guys,

Recently built a new system (see stats below).

The problem is that whenever i try and start Aorus Engine i get an error message stating the program won't start.

Current version i am trying to install is 1.8.6. RGB fusion 2.0 works fine.

The Asus uses the armoury crate/Aura Sync to control RGB etc of all other case fans. Aorus Engine was working fine and then just stopped after a day or two. The cooler still works with no display and the colours are changeable. But i can not control the fan speeds and they seem like they are on full throttle.

Is it clashing with anything listed below?

Windows 10 (latest updates as of 20 October 2020)
Mother board: ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Motherboard
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT Processor
Graphics: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC 8GB
Ram: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB (2x16GB) 3600MHz CL16 DDR4
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P500A Airflow D-RGB Tempered Glass Black
HDD: Kingston A2000 M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB & 2 x Seagate Barracuda 8TB ST8000DM004 3.5in Hard Drive

Solution
Aorus Engine, all gigabyte software honestly, is just horrible and buggy. I built an all Aorus build a few years ago including gpu, mobo, and ram and 9 time out of 10 the software would not launch or I would get an error. It even got the point that trying to launch it would cause my pc to freeze, for up to a minute at a time. The only thing I could do was keep trying, or restarting the pc and hoping it would work the first time I tried to launch it.

Unfortunately there is nothing that you can do, the issue is with the software. There may not be anything you can do for the pump display, besides just keep trying to launch the software, but there are other programs you can use to control the fans.

I don't have an issue with Gigabyte...

Mike2009

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
try MSI afterburner instead ,,,, I dont really see anything needed with aurus engine,,, being honest i use aurus engine and its buggy at best sometimes,,, as far as the error goes ,, have you tried reinstalling it? and what is the error ?

Reactions: Phaaze88
Dec 30, 2020
try MSI afterburner instead ,,,, I dont really see anything needed with aurus engine,,, being honest i use aurus engine and its buggy at best sometimes,,, as far as the error goes ,, have you tried reinstalling it? and what is the error ?
the problem is that to show something on the pump screen you need aorus engine. With other softwares it doesn't work. I am now having a problem that aorus engine just crashes when I want to change something in it. I don't know what to do.

xnikx

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
Aorus Engine, all gigabyte software honestly, is just horrible and buggy. I built an all Aorus build a few years ago including gpu, mobo, and ram and 9 time out of 10 the software would not launch or I would get an error. It even got the point that trying to launch it would cause my pc to freeze, for up to a minute at a time. The only thing I could do was keep trying, or restarting the pc and hoping it would work the first time I tried to launch it.

Unfortunately there is nothing that you can do, the issue is with the software. There may not be anything you can do for the pump display, besides just keep trying to launch the software, but there are other programs you can use to control the fans.

I don't have an issue with Gigabyte hardware, they even have great customer support from my experience, but I will not buy their products anymore due to their horrible software.

Solution