Question Aorus FI27Q or AORUS CV27Q

TheNicho

Commendable
Dec 11, 2020
Hi guys,
I am currently thinking about upgrading from my 1080p 144hz monitor to a 1440p 144hz monitor. I have been most interested in the Gigabyte Aorus FI27Q and the Aorus CV27Q. I don't really care about one monitor being curved and the other being flat as I have often heard that curved monitors only really excel at larger sizes. Is that true?
The reviews I've read for both monitors always praised the good color saturation and accuracy, unfortunately I am too dumb to actually understand the finer details listed in the reviews linked above. Do they both deliver comparable color quality?
I mainly want to use the monitor for FPS gaming and also for a fair amount of series/movie watching. Which monitor would you pick? Or would you go for a completely different monitor?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Well, the FI27Q-P is a 10 bit panel, so that right there is a leg up on future content watching. Also IPS.

FI27Q is an 8bit panel, and IPS

CV27Q is a curved VA. VA panels tend to have discoloration at the edges, which is why many of them are curved, it counteracts this to some degree.

Both are "165hz" G-sync compatible, have HDR400 support.

I don't think you would be disappointed with either, but my money would be on the FI27Q.

TheNicho

Commendable
Dec 11, 2020
Well, the FI27Q-P is a 10 bit panel, so that right there is a leg up on future content watching. Also IPS.

FI27Q is an 8bit panel, and IPS

CV27Q is a curved VA. VA panels tend to have discoloration at the edges, which is why many of them are curved, it counteracts this to some degree.

Both are "165hz" G-sync compatible, have HDR400 support.

I don't think you would be disappointed with either, but my money would be on the FI27Q.
Thanks, Eximo! I read some more and I'll go with the FI27Q and see how I'll like it :)