Aorus Gaming 5 Motherboard (I think) Troubleshooting

Aug 8, 2018
I'm doing my second build and it's been 8 years since my first, so basically my first build. I think I am having trouble with my motherboard. Here are my components:
Aorus Gaming 5 mobo
i7-8700k
EVGA 1060
Corsair Vengeance 3000 2x8 RAM
EVGA 850W PSU
Corsair h150i watercooler

I turned on my pc for the first time and it looked great. Everything was going fine, it looked like it was just about to go to post. But then it turned off and won't turn back on. I've tried resetting the battery below the pcie slot, resetting every component, taking everything out but the 24 pin and the 8 pin and shorting the power connectors, everything I can think of. There were these tiny rubber circles that came with my case so I took off my motherboard and put them on the risers. I noticed there were 8 of them and 8 risers, I didn't think that was a coincidence. Any help on what it could be would be incredibly helpful. Thank you!

Solution

I figured it out. I made a really dumb mistake. There were two power switches on my EVGA PSU, one was the normal O I switch and the other was O I with "Eco" written next to it. I didn't know what the eco meant, but I just assumed that both needed to be on. Like why would I turn something off to turn my PC on? Whoops lol. Once I figured that out I finished up my build (at 5 AM). I hope this helps someone else not make the same stupid mistake! Thank you for your help @mehtan101.
Aug 8, 2018

It doesn't turn on at all. No lights. No codes. I only saw lights the first time it booted up.

Aug 8, 2018
On my h150i there are 3 fans on the front. I only had 2 plugged in because the 3rd doesn't reach and I planned to fix that during cable management. Could that be it? I have reset every component. I don't even get lights when it's just the 24 pin and 8 pin connected.

Aug 8, 2018

I figured it out. I made a really dumb mistake. There were two power switches on my EVGA PSU, one was the normal O I switch and the other was O I with "Eco" written next to it. I didn't know what the eco meant, but I just assumed that both needed to be on. Like why would I turn something off to turn my PC on? Whoops lol. Once I figured that out I finished up my build (at 5 AM). I hope this helps someone else not make the same stupid mistake! Thank you for your help @mehtan101.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS