[SOLVED] Aorus PCIe 4.0 AIC problem with gpu?

Jan 7, 2021
I‘m building a PC for a Friend of mine. He uses it only for MSFS 2020. (He has an actual cockpit with 3 screens etc.) My problem is that I kind of want to use the 2 TB version of the Aorus PCIe 4.0 x16 card which uses 16 PCIe lanes. The processor, a Ryzen 9 5900X only offers 24, 4 of them are for the chipset. (X570) If I want to install an RTX 3090 I‘m going to have a bottleneck right? Any tips? Priority is the GPU. Is this SSD overkill?

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Honestly, you're going to only waste resources on that system if you're centering it around the add-in SSD card. Drop in any regular SSD which isn't in RAID and you're good to go with the game you've mentioned.

Yes it's overkill, the SSD is geared towards content creators or more realistically people who go through data by the minute, day-in and day-out.

Lutfij

Titan

Honestly, you're going to only waste resources on that system if you're centering it around the add-in SSD card. Drop in any regular SSD which isn't in RAID and you're good to go with the game you've mentioned.

Yes it's overkill, the SSD is geared towards content creators or more realistically people who go through data by the minute, day-in and day-out.

Solution
Jan 7, 2021

ok thank you. I will use the regular Aorus m.2 ssd then.