Question Aorus RTX3070Ti - how many cables?!

James Blonde

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2014
Building my new system, and wanted to check how many PCIe power cables my Aorus RTX3070Ti needs - it has inputs for 2 x 8 pin, and 1 x 6 pin.

Most people talk about whether or not to take 2 cables to the card, but do I need to take 3??? Or can I daisy chain one of the 8 pins with the accompanying 6 pin? Just such a big mass of wires (and the daisy chain extensions) I need to take to the front of the case!

FWIW, I think I took 3 cables through in my last PC, would just like to reduce the number of cables if I can ;/

James Blonde

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2014
My answer was voted down???

Let's clarify All 3 GPU connectors are filled using 3 different PCIe connectors from the PSU. That was my default position.

If, at some point in the future I decide I have too many cables stopping my case from closing, then I might remove one of the PCIe cables from the GPU and use the 6 pin on one of the other 2 cables to fill the 6 pin slot. I've been told that will probably be fine, with a decent enough quality PSU - which I have. I'm not talking about not filling the 6 pin slot!